Desert Island VII Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one could hate Streets Of Your Town by the Go Betweens more than Ashley must have after hearing it 30 times this afternoon.

But never the whole song. Just the beginning. And the end. Then the beginning....and the end....

All I kept hearing was the beginning and endings of songs.

That's what it sounds like in my apartment all the time. When I'm making mixes just for myself to to burn for work. :laugh:

No one could hate Streets Of Your Town by the Go Betweens more than Ashley must have after hearing it 30 times this afternoon.

Awesome. Glad to know there is that level of meticulousness going on.

I think I'm really going to give it a right bash for the next DI. Every list I've entered has always been a sketch, albeit one I'm content enough with, so it feels good enough just being able to sneak into the top 10.

11. cobl04

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

:lmao: thanks peeps! i was expecting to finish in the bottom three, if not last! :lol: and someone had me first!!! :laugh:

looks like you were all Warp fans after all :wink:

Very disappointed Axver wound up last. There are a number of terrific bands in there, and it's not at all proggy. At the very least, do yourselves a friggin service and check out The Chills and The Bats.
:up: spot on. i really enjoyed your list Ax!

13. onebloodonelife
Highest Ranking: 1st

:whistle:

Are you trying to tell me something there, Danny? :wink: Much thanks for ranking it so highly, and congrats on making it through your first DI unscathed (and ranking well)!

Wow. Thanks a lot guys, I'm really happy that you liked my list so much. And flattered. And proud. I definitely put more time and work into this one than I did my other lists. 3rd place? Behind two of the all-time Interference masters? I love you guys. Congrats to LeMel for takin' it down, and everybody else for making awesome lists. It's been a very long day but I am going to sleep soundly. Go Bears.

Good lists, all.

I like seeing the 1st vs. 15/16 ranks, they crack me the hell up.

Ordering a lot of these was a pure crapshoot. I could tier it out fairly easily from Didn't Care For to Like to Really Like to Kind of Irrationally Love, but within that, it was tough.

DI's been fun, but I'm glad that this was my last one.

TOP FIVES

Axver
1. The Sad Punk
2. LemonMelon
3. phanan
4. Joey788
5. bono_212

bono_212
1. LemonMelon
2. Mr. V
3. PhilsFan
4. GirlsAloudFan
5. phanan

cobl04
1. onebloodonelife
2. Mr. V
3. PhilsFan
4. bono_212
5. The Sad Punk

coolian2
1. KhanadaRhodes
2. the tourist
3. The Sad Punk
4. cobl04
5. bono_212

Cute Irish Bono
1. LMP/No spoken words
2. coolian2
3. Mr. V
4. GirlsAloudFan
5. phanan

GirlsAloudFan
1. onebloodonelife
2. Mr. V
3. phanan
4. KhanadaRhodes
5. Axver

Joey788
1. PhilsFan
2. the tourist
3. LMP/No spoken words
4. Cute Irish Bono
5. phanan

KhanadaRhodes
1. coolian2
2. The Sad Punk
3. Cute Irish Bono
4. cobl04
5. bono_212

LemonMelon
1. GirlsAloudFan
2. onebloodonelife
3. bono_212
4. phanan
5. PhilsFan

LMP/No spoken words
1. PhilsFan
2. onebloodonelife
3. LemonMelon
4. phanan
5. coolian2

Mr. V
1. PhilsFan
2. onebloodonelife
3. LemonMelon
4. LMP/No spoken words
5. phanan

namkcuR
1. the tourist
2. Joey788
3. GirlsAloudFan
4. KhanadaRhodes
5. LMP/No spoken words

onebloodonelife
1. LemonMelon
2. LMP/No spoken words
3. Mr. V
4. The Sad Punk
5. cobl04

phanan
1. bono_212
2. coolian2
3. LemonMelon
4. the tourist
5. GirlsAloudFan

PhilsFan
1. Mr. V
2. GirlsAloudFan
3. LMP/No spoken words
4. coolian2
5. phanan

The Sad Punk
1. cobl04
2. LemonMelon
3. PhilsFan
4. onebloodonelife
5. bono_212

the tourist
1. bono_212
2. PhilsFan
3. coolian2
4. Mr. V
5. phanan

Ha ha, now I'll just have to challenge myself to see if I can come last even more spectacularly with the metal list next time. :wink:

Well done to LM! Very nicely sequenced list.

I'd just like to give a nod to AB and Liam's lists in this thread, as I think they were the two best and deserve some recognition here, even if they were disqualified.

I'd say this was definitely a great DI. This has only been my second so I'm glad that a few of you liked my list. I didn't expect to place high since I had to quickly throw this one together. Hopefully next time around, I'll have a lot more time to work on it.

Special thanks to namkcuR and Axver for putting me in your top five! :wave:

Hopefully next time around, I'll have a lot more time to work on it.

If you work on it sooner (like now, or sometime close to now), you won't have to worry about that. I think I'm gonna start my next one in a couple months so I have it ready to go next time.

Gee, thanks for having me at number 1, Ax! Unarguably, if you included Tama Renata's theme song from Once Were Warriors, you would have made the top for mine.

bonnie :hi5:

i'm going to start work on a list soon too.

can i just say that i thought this format was fantastic and really worked well (you can't help the fact that people get busy with their real lives) and i hope that it stays on.

Great job, LemonMelon! And a special shout out to LMP/No Spoken Words, a wonderful playlist! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom