Desert Island VII Master List, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. Didn't like the Taking Back Sunday song at all. The Colonies song and Kittens Ablaze songs were both pretty good, solid tracks. And now I'm onto Phoenix, who I've been having a musical love affair with over the last couple of months. So that's definitely spectacular right there. And after this track ends, I'll be taking a break for the rest of the night and resuming sometime tomorrow.

I'll have to finish it tomorrow. Up to the Twilight Sad now. This is definitely your most "chilled" playlist. Really liked the "techno"ish section. Surprised to see a U2 remix of all things on a DI list, but it really worked.

Love Live Forever, and So Alive was pleasant. But wow, I hate that Aerosmith song. Frightened Rabbit were something I was thinking about looking into at one point, but now I'm glad I didn't. Really don't care for the singer's voice. Grounds For Divorce is wonderful, and Hot Cakes was pretty good. First Breath Out Of A Coma is glorious if not my thing. I used to like post rock more than I do now, I suppose.

Overall, not bad. Some highs, some lows. Decent flow in various places.

I am happy you enjoyed my playlist to some extent. :)

Also, I've never gotten the hype around Vampire Weekend.

I can't see how anyone could not like Vampire Weekend. Isn't "A-Punk" catchy as hell? Just curious. Was it the song choice, Tourist? Or do you just not like the Vampire Weekend in general.

I am starting phanan's playlist now. Off to a great start with "Solsbury Hill." What a great opener. I even thought of using that same exact song to start a playlist. You stole my idea. :) I wasn't fond of the second song at all but it got better with the Paul McCartney song. I have never heard of that song before but I loved the song and the lyrics. :up:

More listening on the way later! You are off to a good start. :)

I am up The Move so far. I love almost everything I have heard so far. Flow has been great in most places but it was a little patchy in my opinion, from the Replacements to Violent Femmes. I absoutely loved that Hoodoo Guru song. I have never heard of them before. I always enjoy good songs from the classics like "Born to Wild" and "Somebody to Love." The Replacements and Stone Roses are always pleasant to hear on a playlist. But my favorite strech was the Wolf Parade, Elbow, and My Morning Jacket. But "Fire" isn't a Jimi Hendrix song I personally like. I prefer "Foxy Lady" or "Purple Haze." But I am not his biggest fan either. I am just not for some reason, so there you go. But nevertheless, fantastic job so far!

Well, "tomorrow" turned into next week. I'm back to AB's list though. Emery wasn't really my thing, but not bad. After that, though, I really liked the 5 song synth section. Some was better than other, and I thought I remembered disliking Innerpartysystem, but that song was pretty solid. Didn't really care for the four that followed (Jesu->Mogwai). And I'm currently on the track by The Twilight Sad, after which I'll be leaving for band practice. But yeah, this song is pretty good. It reminds me a little bit of Glasvegas with less reverb.

phanan, I listened to more of your playlist today. I wasn't too fond of the Move or that Roger Miller song at all. Just not my thing. But the Simon and Garfunkel and Van Morrison section was a real treat. I thought to transition to from Morrison to funk was superb. On paper it doesn't look like it would work but it does. I esp. love that Sly & the Family Stone song. It makes me to :dance: Some hits and some misses but overall, still quite enjoyable. :up:

On phanan's list so far:

Songs I loved so far (Naming the artist): We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Gaslight Anthem, and Daft Punk.

Songs I liked so far (Naming the artist): The Clash, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Bloc Party, and The Velvet Underground & Nico.

Songs I wasn't crazy about (Naming the artist): The Secret Machines, The Roots, and TV on the Radio.

I finished up your playlist, phanan! I want to say I absolutely loved your playlist! Some parts were slow for me but overall it had a great feel. You will receive a great rating from me. I loved how cohesive your organized your playlist, transiting so well from one sub-genre to the next. I love Dinosaur Jr., Catherine Wheel, and Teenage Fan Club. Anyone who includes those bands bands will get bonus points from me. I eat up the old shoe-gazer and indie 90's stuff. The last song ended the playlist wonderfully. Great job again, phanan! :up:

Back
Top Bottom