Desert Island VII Master List, Part One - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #61
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:38 AM
I've always been content with people changing the track numbers, that's worked well for me personally.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 AM   #62
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:38 AM
i prefer having everything tagged as the compilation. the way i do it, basically. i find it's the easiest way to getting everything to appear as it should be on itunes, and eliminates me having fifteen copies of the same song. (of course the duplication still exists obviously, but at least it's under fifteen different albums and is less confusing when navigating my ipod.) although for me i'll just retag the lists i download to the way i like them. this way, i can easily delete them if i don't like them.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:38 PM
if you're going to the effort of changing track numbers, change the album title as well. it makes life much easier for everyone else. i don't want complete album information for one track if i don't have the rest of the album. just tag it as andrew did (working example here), as your compilation. be cool to other users and make it easier to listen to your list without messing wither their itunes or making them completely organise your list before listening.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #64
45:33

Local Time: 09:38 PM
well i just sent my list to phanan, and here's how i did it.

threw all the songs (in order) into one itunes playlist, then dragged all those songs into a folder in windows explorer, then put them in a rar file (which threw the songs out of order) and then before the actual song titles in winRAR i added the track number. so in winRAR my list looked like this:

01 Song A_mp3
02 Song B_mp3
03 Song C_mp3
21 Song D_mp3

and so on. don't know how that will work for the rest of you however. i'll be listening to ElMel's list tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #65
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm personally not a fan of changing the album title. There were a few songs on Andrew's list where I wanted to know what album they were on because I was interested in hearing more from them. Yeah, I can look them up online, but it's a bit of a pain.

This whole argument is getting a little petty at this point though. I'm generally happy as long as I can easily sort the tracks.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I'm personally not a fan of changing the album title. There were a few songs on Andrew's list where I wanted to know what album they were on because I was interested in hearing more from them. Yeah, I can look them up online, but it's a bit of a pain.
isn't that why we're meant to include a word document with where everything is originally from?

actually, are we meant to? i assume so because everyone else does. i don't remember if i did or didn't last time.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #67
Blue Crack Distributor

Not required, I don't do it. Was going to do it this time, but I already had my files zipped and I didn't feel like rezipping for it.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #68
45:33

Local Time: 09:38 PM
mine's got a word doc.

halfway through your list Travis and it's pretty good! a few tracks i didn't know which i've really enjoyed, and yes, it's flowing well.

i didn't even realise that Washing Dishes song had given way to a Tom Waits song until I alt-tabbed into iTunes and Lonely had been going for a minute.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #69
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
halfway through your list Travis and it's pretty good! a few tracks i didn't know which i've really enjoyed, and yes, it's flowing well.
Which tracks? I'm more than happy to give any recommendations based on those.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #70
The Male

About to start Imperor's list. Good call using so many unusual picks. On the other hand, if there's a Radiohead equivalent of Last Unicorn, I'm sure she would be happy to be stuck on an island with These Are My Twisted Words, but few others would.

Now.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #71
The Male

So, Feel It All Around. I think I've got a new favorite Chillwave band: THE WASH!

Now.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #72
The Male

...you get what you pay for with my running diaries.

A lot of it ran together, but a few completely fuckmazing tracks (the Washed Out, The National, Little Dragon, Bob Dylan and Bear In Heaven picks were all killer) kept my interest. The flow was terrific, although most of the songs on the first disc sound the same, so the sequencing almost seemed arbitrary at times. The second disc was like buttah, although about half of it was unintentionally(?) ambient.

Songs: B-
Flow N' Shit: A-
Overall: B

Now.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 AM
With my playlist complete, I plan on starting up on these by Monday at the latest.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #74
Blue Crack Distributor

And for my final list, Impy.

I took this one with me to the gym, which, on the surface seemed like a bad call, but I was actually able to pay some pretty close attention to it as a result, and it was very nice background music. I wasn't so thrilled with some of the songs, but the overall mood worked really well.

Favorite song that I didn't already know was definitely Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Might look into more of that.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 AM
I've started off my reading/writing weekend extravaganza with Impy's list.

So far so good at about the halfway point. I'm with LM, that Washed Out track is incredible, thanks for putting it on here. I could've done without the last minute or so of "Billie Holiday," but that's a complaint aimed towards the band more than anything. The Here We Go Magic-->Beach House-->Girls sequence was sublime, excellent way to close out the first disc.

Tags
desert island