Desert Island VII Master List, Part Four - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:09 AM
But there was no deadline to listen to those four lists in each thread. If THAT had existed, that would've solved at least the huge timeframe issue.

My other problem is that I enjoyed the conversation that surrounded DIV with the running diary thread, that was a great idea, I don't know why we didn't keep it up. Here, I felt like if I made more than a few posts in a row, I was overdoing it and it was kind of souring.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:09 PM
Do you honestly think if I had put a deadline on each thread, that it would have made a difference? I don't.

Conversation and feedback was encouraged in each Master thread, in lieu of a specific running diary thread located in OOC. What was the difference? I posted just as much as before.

Again, I'm not saying it's perfect. Nothing is and ever will be. That's just the way it goes.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

I think the influence of the format is being exaggerated.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #109
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
But there was no deadline to listen to those four lists in each thread. If THAT had existed, that would've solved at least the huge timeframe issue.
Get Utahn Justice on the payroll and we can swing this. They've been trained since birth to control listening habits in private residences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I think the influence of the format is being exaggerated.
Well, it certainly does influence the amount of competitors.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Honestly, do we really need 20 competitors next time around? It's ridiculously daunting to get around to listening to every list, especially if, y'know, you want to spend some time listening to other music, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who hectically throws in as much DI listening as possible in the last few days before deadline. Shorten the amount of entries and you've taken out half the problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #111
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry, Phanan, I didn't mean at all to come across like I'm super duper upset about this or anything. As long as I'm getting the new music I'm happy.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Honestly, do we really need 20 competitors next time around? It's ridiculously daunting to get around to listening to every list, especially if, y'know, you want to spend some time listening to other music, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who hectically throws in as much DI listening as possible in the last few days before deadline. Shorten the amount of entries and you've taken out half the problem.
This would probably be the most viable solution. Cut it down to 10 players, and I think we'd be set. Sure, it wouldn't allow as many participants, but we could rotate out or have more frequent competitions.

And, yeah, I think the format's being highly exaggerated here...I really don't see how it's any different than the voting scheme, in which some were from people who weren't competing, probably hadn't listened to the lists and were just voting based on how it looked/if they were tight with one of the competitors.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Sorry, Phanan, I didn't mean at all to come across like I'm super duper upset about this or anything. As long as I'm getting the new music I'm happy.
No worries.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #114
The Male

I think cutting the player count to 10 would only cause some dormant debates to resurface. The results would be less conclusive due to even fewer rankings and the smaller number of competitors/variety would cause our elite crue to appear even less motley. Speaking of appearances...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebloodonelife View Post
and were just voting based on how it looked/if they were tight with one of the competitors.
...this does need to be addressed. I think anonymity is something to look into for future competitions. Not that I can't tell an Ashley list apart from a Cassie list already.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh come on, there's at least some chance of confusing my list with Khan's
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

AB was very high on my list and so Mr. V. :bummed: But I am very excited to see the results!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #117
Blue Crack Distributor

Poor, poor Mr. V.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Why don't we cut the time down to 60 minutes per playlist? That is more than enough time per playlist and it gives you an overall idea of their tastes based on that. I had to skimmed thru a lot of the playlist this time around because I have a personal life with finals and stuff. I think this format is fine but 160 minutes is way too long for a playlist. Heck, mine was only 108 minutes and I was satifised with it. I just think we just keep this format but I have boundary on how long each playlist should be. So then we only have 20 playlists worth 60 minutes long. Most CDS are 60 mins long, am I right? Just an idea.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Irish Bono View Post
AB was very high on my list and so Mr. V. :bummed: But I am very excited to see the results!
Mr. V is still in. The three that are out are AB, Impy, and Liam.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:09 PM
I'm excited. I loved everything I heard this time around and, as I've said before, you guys are just straight up good at putting mixtapes together. Huzzah for the tipper!

I'll try to be around tonight for the results thread, but if we get swept by fucking Brandon Wood I might be out in a gutter somewhere using a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch as a pillow.

Tags
desert island