Desert Island VII Master List, Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well shit, my top two lists are both gone. Though maybe I'd be more frustrated if a bunch of lists I hadn't enjoyed that much had been cut, as that would've been time down the drain that I didn't even find particularly fun or interesting. At least the time I spent listening to AB and Liam's lists was rather good.

Not sure how I feel regarding the format. I feel that voting was not working, or not working as well as it should've. The ranking format gives a better indication of overall preferences, but I really don't like lists being cut, especially not right at the end.

Maybe entering should be divorced from voting? That would work more effectively if we had more non-entrants listening, though. If we could guarantee a certain level of votes, regardless of whether they come from entrants or not, that would be good. I honestly think we'd get more listenership if the volume of material weren't so high though ... 160 minutes is preferable from an entrant's standpoint, but the mini DIs are preferable from a listener's standpoint.

Summary: I don't actually have a solution.

At least in this format, there aren't those who only vote for themselves every round and ignore all others, thusly inflating their own ranking. I kinda like how opposite that is.

this format suited me down to the ground and i'm really not concerned that i listened to three playlists which are no longer a part of the competition :shrug:

What was that thing you had to do, Phanan? Sit behind your desk and spin in your chair until we all forget about the game? :wink:

That might actually be better though, in this case, since we'd have all the time in the world to wait around for phanan. :wink:

I totally wouldn't have started hitting the booze had I known Phanan would duck out.

/not really hitting the booze due to job interview in the AM

Actually, I probably would be hitting the sauce if I wasn't home. Home sucks.

I'm getting out of here for Memorial Day and I will LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Actually, I probably would be hitting the sauce if I wasn't home. Home sucks.

I'm getting out of here for Memorial Day and I will LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Ouch, I haven't spent a summer at home since coming to college. I can barely stand going back for a week and a half during Christmas break as it is.

Oh yeah, I also had a PBR. Do I get hipster points for the night??

This is like being at a surprise party, the lights out, everyone hidden behind the furniture, and the guest of honor never shows up.

Oh hell, I didn't realize I was supposed to be getting my party on.

Though I think my cat had enough nip this evening for the whole damn thread.

What the fuck else are we supposed to do while waiting? :wink:

Also, that wins, I can't compete with a catnipped kitty.

It's also from Wisconsin, and seeing as I'm originally from there as well, I have to rep the home state beer. For cheap stuff, anyway. If I were choosing decent Wisconsin beer, New Glarus Spotted Cow, all the way. But, that's ONLY available within the state, which poses a problem.

Back
Top Bottom