Desert Island VI Album Game: FINAL - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote for the playlist you like the most.
Mr. V 9 56.25%
bono_212 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
Phanan, I wonder if Ax ever saw that post. Maybe I'll drop it on him one night in the superthread if I ever make it back there
Found it.

Quote:
So I'm listening to Phanan's yesterday and everything is moving along nicely. I get to disc 2..... U2, another pleasant song or two, then suddenly I'm working harder, faster and I realize something has gone wrong. The set has switched to radio or something. My head is beginning to bob uncontrollably up and down. I think my hair has suddenly turned blonde, straight and is way past my shoulders. Am I in a mosh pit? What's going on? The boombox is ok, it's still on cd. I'm getting worried. What's happened to Phanan. This is not Phanan. Not...... Phanan. Not........
............... Phanan. Not.......Axver! Oh no . I've got it. He's tried to get off his island. Like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. But ended up like the castaways on Gilligan's Island. Lost. No compass, GPS down. He's ended up on Prog island. Captured by evil notaxver. Professor of 60 minute Green Carnation tracks. The headbanger from down under. Curse you notaxver! Your diabolical.

How do we save Phanan.

Or do we, I like this song

The song is over. It's been 12 minutes. Has he escaped, or has notaxver changed him forever.

I'll report back later.......

Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Phanan, I wonder if Ax ever saw that post. Maybe I'll drop it on him one night in the superthread if I ever make it back there

PFan - I think yours was one of the first ones we heard. There were a few we listened to before the tourney began, that were emailed to Lila. Yours, maybe LM and LMP. So I never burned it to a disc, therefore only had one listen. But looking back at it now, and your DI V list was probably your best at that point, this entry I thought was better. I think you'd agree when I say it was easily your most diverse set of groups and styles to date. And since I've been watching a few interferencers, yourself included, grow musically in the last couple years, I think it's plain to see everyone's musical horizons expanding. You had some nice stretches, the beginning with Bill Hicks was cool. I just discovered him, he's really good and then I see he's already dead . Not a big Pavement or Television fan, but everything else around them were good up through Flaming Lips, I believe. Then the section around One of These Days starting around U2 pretty much through the end was nice, with a few exceptions mixed in. And the tracks I didn't care for may only be due to the fact that I'm just learning and hearing a lot of the newer bands for the first time, like many of you are just starting to delve deeper into the catalogs of the older groups of my generation. Like you pulled a nice deeper cut from London Calling. And looking back at your list Pfan, I think the groupings had a big impact on the outcome of the contest. I don't remember the groups anymore, but perhaps in a different group you could have come out in the top 4, the majority of lists were that close. I noticed in the final voting that many entries were only a few votes from advancing. A close contest indeed, and a nice effort from you once again.

I've listened to a good chunk of the DI lists since the start, though I never participated, cuz Lila always downloaded them to listen to. And if anyone noticed, cuz the early lists were much more generic, this DI, if I remember correctly, had nothing from Abbey Road, Dark Side, Wish YOu Were Here, etc etc...... A much more diverse selection of music, and a much richer listening experience.

Anyways, I don't contribute a whole lot to interference, but I keep checking back because I enjoy reading the posts of a lot of you. LM, LMP, Pfan, Bono212, SadPunk, Ax, well, pretty much all the Aussie superthreaders......... so many others. Your all bright, witty, just downright entertaining. It's been my pleasure just being a small part of all this.

And to think, I posted all this while Lila was listening to crappy audio of the first show right behind me
Thank you very much. You're as articulate as anyone in this game, and it's always fun to read your reviews.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Wow. Thanks guys. I honestly didn't give myself a shot to win this because there's so many of you guys who have done this before, and this was only my second list... and my first of such length. I'm glad you liked it, and am really proud, and hope I got you into some new music, or old music. Cheers.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:20 AM
Congrats MrV
Old 07-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:

And even though the last half became heavily post rock, dare I say, Axver-y , my favorite list of all, on the strength of a great first half which I have listened to a number of times now, was AtomicBono's. A funny & now timely Michael Jackson themed rap? song, followed by a new track (for me) that I enjoyed more than any other, MIA's "Pull Up the People". Awesome song!!!
wow really? thanks!! glad you liked it!

Congrats Mr. V, awesome list

Can we have a mini-DI symphonic whatever - METAL
Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure how to pick one of these over the other, because they are both so similar. I liked Bono212 saying this was a poppier list, then began with a thoroughly depressing Cure track. I thought to myself, "I'd hate to catch her on a bad day" .
You know, I was wondering if anyone noticed that . I didn't realize I did that til like mid-way through the tournament
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #22
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Wow. Thanks guys. I honestly didn't give myself a shot to win this because there's so many of you guys who have done this before, and this was only my second list... and my first of such length. I'm glad you liked it, and am really proud, and hope I got you into some new music, or old music. Cheers.
Congrats, good sir.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:20 AM
If heaven does exist with a kickin' playlist
I don't wanna miss it at the end of the worrrrrld

VII
Old 07-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Are you hinting at something?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey steady steady
Hey steady steady
I don't wanna go until I'm good and ready

My playlist will provide the light you cannot resist
You cannot resist
You cannot resist!

Old 07-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #26
The Male

If you include I'm Gonna DJ on your list, it's already lost my vote.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hey guys, I have to apologize for missing out on the latest rounds of the vote. It has been a crazy period, moving across continents, no Internet, etc. Anyways, I’m quite happy to have reach the semis!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
If you include I'm Gonna DJ on your list, it's already lost my vote.
That's cool, man. I was not necessarily expecting your vote anyway.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Since this got bumped, I was thinking about how we could do this different the next time, whenever that is.

We could have 20 players, and once all playlists are submitted, everyone gets some time to listen to them, and then they would come up with a ranking of all the playlists. Each person submits their rankings to me, and based on those, we declare a winner.

No polls, no rounds, no worries about alters or questionable votes. We do a sign-up thread, a master list thread, and a results thread, with everyone's rankings. And that's it.

And no, I'm not doing DI7 right now. Let's give it a little break first. Just throwing this idea out there.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

I kind of like that idea, actually

are you gonna do a mini-DI at all?

Tags
desert island