Desert Island V Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw, I want to hear your list as soon as possible. It's either going to be a trainwreck or a huge breakthrough for DI: just the way I like it.

Gotta say, that sounds interesting.

Seconded. That should be a unique listening experience.

I'm still putting the final touches on mine, thanks to the inclusion of a song that just came out last week. I definitely threw some things on there that people will not have heard in a while, if at all. Hell, there are a couple of songs on it that wouldn't be out of place on a Time/Life 70's compilation. :lol:

So who are the people who still need to upload/send e-mails to Phanan and the Ax?

Don't worry, I have wondered about this too! :lol: It IS possible to finish listening to one full 160 min playlist in one evening after work but there are also several lists to listen to! Add to that, you cannot really get a great feel of a playlist until you listen to it several times.. which is pretty much impossible for me. I simply do not have that amount of time! Listening to all the lists once is gonna be hard in itself. :crack:

I fully support no minimum and 160 min maximum in future! :up: Plus there are always the mini games with 80 min max.

:up:

40-80 minutes? That way, people can choose what they want to compete in.

:love:

For some people. :shrug: Maybe we just need to work on the mini games being more accomodating and leave the full games be.

40-80-minute-open-mini-game-where-any-genre-can-be-used-so-long-as-there's-some-sort-of-theme/concept-because-otherwise-you-can-just-slap-a-playlist-together-in-two-minutes-in-itunes-and-drag-it-over

would be perfect.

And with that I am done, I'll say no more :)

People, submit your lists to Phanan already! Growing a beard here waiting for this freaking thing to start! :grumpy:

I've sent mine. :up:

No whale songs, though. Sorry about that.

There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman".

So I'm waiting on the following for playlists with a day to go:

bono_212
Screwtape2
Alisaura
impy13
BigMacPhisto
Lancemc

Axver, I'll need your info. as well.

I've got Ali's list.

Just need to finish the cover for my list.

I'll have it done tomorrow for sure. Things have been very busy in Impyland what with the 21st birthday, the Vegas trip, moving into the new house a bit further from campus, and classes finally starting. But my schedule worked out to where I have no Friday classes and I just stopped showing up to my internship. I'll have everything finished and ready to go in the morning.

shang-tsung.jpg

IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Still need two playlists. I've sent PMs to both BigMacPhisto and Lancemc for status updates. Hopefully they'll be ready today.

If not, we'll have to see if any of our alternates are still interested.

I don't want to delay people hearing other playlists for too long, so whether I have all 20 by tonight or not, I'll post the first group on the DI website so others can at least listen to some entries this weekend.

Still need two playlists. I've sent PMs to both BigMacPhisto and Lancemc for status updates. Hopefully they'll be ready today.

I don't want to delay people hearing other playlists for too long, so whether I have all 20 by tonight or not, I'll post the first group on the DI website so others can at least listen to some entries this weekend.

Excellent. Thanks, Phanan.

Phanan, you're pretty much the cat's meow.

Sounds good, thanks.

Ok, well we're still two short here. I understand it's Labor Day weekend in the U.S., but still, we've had plenty of time.

Lila/hardy, you were first alternate. Would you still be interested in this? I know it's last minute.

Btw, how are the groups being decided? :shifty: :wink:

By my Red Sox hat, of course. :D

The first group has been posted on the DI website, in order for people to get a jump on some listening (although, as it worked out, several of the playlists from Group 1 have already been circulating, so it might not benefit a few of you who have heard them already).

I apologize for the temporary formatting issues. Apparently my iMac is not liking some of the artwork. I will resolve that at a later date - just didn't have time to fix it tonight, but the links are there.

Speaking of links, Zoots - your link doesn't seem correct. Please PM me the correct one (and if there's more than one, send that, too).

That's it for now.

Group 1

DreamOutLoud13
GirlsAloudFan
LemonMacPhisto
phillyfan26
Zootlesque

Fuck yes.

Pfan, you know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom