Desert Island V Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking about it, I think the idea of shortening the list neuters the whole idea of the tourney, at least my idea of it. It'll add more people to the fray, yes, and that's always great, but it hurts how diverse the lists can be, you know?

This I can agree with. :up:

LMP, thanks for the list! I'll send you mine in a bit.

Damn I forgot I have DOL's list too. Gotta listen to that one as well! :yippie:

Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll have time to finish my list by Wednesday (I'm going out of town for two weeks), so if there's someone else who's ready to go and needs a spot, they can take it. :up:

It appears so. Updated list would be:

1. phanan
2. Axver
3. KhanadaRhodes
4. phillyfan26
5. LemonMacPhisto
6. LemonMelon
7. Zootlesque
8. AtomicBono
9. bono_212
10. DreamOutLoud13
11. RegularBonoFan
12. Screwtape2
13. Mr. V
14. impy13
15. GirlsAloudFan
16. the tourist
17. Alisaura
18. The Sad Punk
19. BigMacPhisto
20. Lancemc

Alternate 1: GibsonGirl
Alternate 2: hardyharhar
Alternate 3: Joey788

I've changed my paragraph description yet again. :shifty: 3rd time now! :lol: So it'll be slightly different from what I sent you guys. Fine tuning... only the paragraph though, not the list itself! :p

Or why not keep it open ended? Make whatever length you desire! It's like a pay what you want thing. :wink:

Just throwing ideas out there.

oh shit son

I kinda like that actually

as long as no nutso tries to make a 7 hour playlist :crack:

I think shortening it to like 120 wouldn't be a bad idea, but then again I've already made a list that fills up the whole 160, so there's that :wink:

btw Zoots I just PMed you my DI, send me yours if you get the chance

Well, technically there's nothing stopping anyone from doing a 60 minute playlist now, if they want to :shrug: there's no minimum.

Yeah but I think the people who have asked to reduce the length in future competitions are concerned about having enough time to listen to other people's lists, it's not about their own. You know what I'm saying?

Well, technically there's nothing stopping anyone from doing a 60 minute playlist now, if they want to :shrug: there's no minimum.

Actually, there is an unofficial minimum. I remember Canadiens made a list that was 90(?) minutes and it was turned down. The shortest to ever get accepted was 110 minutes, I believe.

Personally, I think we should set an official minimum at 80 and keep the maximum at 160 so people can do whatever they want.

Actually, there is an unofficial minimum. I remember Canadiens made a list that was 90(?) minutes and it was turned down. The shortest to ever get accepted was 110 minutes, I believe.

Personally, I think we should set an official minimum at 80 and keep the maximum at 160 so people can do whatever they want.

That had more to do with some of the powers-that-be being jackknobs and questioning his intent than the length, but that was still a factor.

His cover for that list was the best thing ever though.

Sure. Just don't be a douche like YLB and completely change your list.

I mean, an inconvenient, er...

Fuck it, YLB is a douche.

I made one for fun, even though I'm not technically in this.

Mine is classical - heavy on the percussion/20th century. If you're interested and enjoy this kind of music let me know and I'll PM you the list.

One got a C from Axver, one got a B. What more do you want?

I WANT THE TRUTH!

003878_44.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom