Desert Island V Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #406
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
No. You're only allowed to participate in one. Meaning submitting your list. Pick the one you'd rather take part in... 160 min OR 80 min. But you can vote in both.. as long as you listened to that particular list!
I understand that, but, like tourist said, that's twice as many lists to listen to, is it not? Or at the very least, you're only shortening 10 or so lists, not really helping
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #407
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Yes and Yes!

This works too!
Awesome.

Ironically, in my government class, we talked about the formation of the House of Representatives and Senate, which kind of parallels what's going on here. Double awesome.

We're in agreement then? Except for Screw?
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #408
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Your argument would stand better if it weren't for the fact that this is the Rules and Sign-up thread for the CURRENT DI game, and I come here to make sure that the deadline hasn't been moved up or something when I see all this chatting going on. But nope, it's just the same. pointless. no one is going to be happy. argument. again. and again. and again.
Why would the deadline be moved up? And why are you worrying--isn't your list already done and uploaded?
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #409
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Why would the deadline be moved up? And why are you worrying--isn't your list already done and uploaded?
Because I feel like I"m the only one who hasn't turned in their list. Because, no. I haven't turned up my list. And I worry about these things.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #410
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Where else are we going to argue about it?

...Besides the back alley, with broken bottles in hand.
Bring it on, bitch, I'm ready
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #411
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I just think we need to sacrifice themes for mini-games. Make them true DI, but just shorter. But I've repeated that multiple times and haven't gotten any biters, so I guess I'll shut up. I guess people like the themes quite a bit.
to that. There's a reason the minigames are so much fun for everyone; because you get a chance to discover new genres in-depth and make detailed mixes of your own, which the usual DI overlooks. After all, discovering music is what these tournaments are about. There's a time and place for both, and one shouldn't be sacrificed so the other can be made more accessible.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #412
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I just think we need to sacrifice themes for mini-games. Make them true DI, but just shorter. But I've repeated that multiple times and haven't gotten any biters, so I guess I'll shut up. I guess people like the themes quite a bit.
If I understand you correctly that's what I am saying as well.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I understand that, but, like tourist said, that's twice as many lists to listen to, is it not? Or at the very least, you're only shortening 10 or so lists, not really helping
Then you stick to the 10 lists that are of your preferred length! Hence the splitting of the competitions! You don't HAVE to listen to both 80 min ones and 160 min ones! They are 2 different competitions!

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #414
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Do none of you understand my 2 competitions running side by side suggestion???

lol.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #415
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Ok, I'm done with this, simply put, I think the idea of shortening to the contest is really a bad idea, maybe 120 would be ok, but this talk of 60, 80, or even 100 is just ridiculous. Here's an idea, you don't want to listen to the lists, then don't participate!

As for making the mini DIs regular DIs, I really hope that doesn't happen. It would suck, and really ruin the purpose of the mini DI's - giving us all a break from the game
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #416
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Do none of you understand my 2 competitions running side by side suggestion???

lol.
It sounds like way too much work for whoever is running it to me.

And believe me, there are going to be more than a dozen people who will want to make lists longer than 80 minutes.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #417
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
As for making the mini DIs regular DIs, I really hope that doesn't happen. It would suck, and really ruin the purpose of the mini DI's - giving us all a break from the game
What is the purpose of the mini DI's? To be genre specific? Why do they HAVE to be genre specific? Why not a shorter version of the regular DI?
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
to that. There's a reason the minigames are so much fun for everyone; because you get a chance to discover new genres in-depth and make detailed mixes of your own, which the usual DI overlooks. After all, discovering music is what these tournaments are about. There's a time and place for both, and one shouldn't be sacrificed so the other can be made more accessible.
Or we could do a competition every two months.

For example's sake, let's say the next full DI is in January. Maybe it'd look something like this? And perhaps someone could assist Phanan and host either Mini DI or Genre DI?

January: Full DI

March: Mini DI

May: Genre DI

July: Full DI

September: Mini DI

November: Genre DI
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #419
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
What is the purpose of the mini DI's? To be genre specific? Why do they HAVE to be genre specific? Why not a shorter version of the regular DI?
Quote:
Giving us all a break from the game
If we just sit there and make normal DI lists again, the game is going to get super boring, pretty damn fast
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #420
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Do none of you understand my 2 competitions running side by side suggestion???

lol.
I do, and I think others do, but I don't think it's not a great idea. Sorry.

I'm all for the minimum solution - that's my number 1 choice if there was to be a compromise. As much as I like the genre games, if that is also changed, then I wouldn't put up too much of a fight about it, you know? It sucks to see compromise when it doesn't benefit you in any way, but if it helps in the long run, then I will support it.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
desert island

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com