Desert Island V Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #391
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
God this is getting pretty f'ing ridiculous. All this talk about NEXT competition is making me want to participate in THIS competition, not at all WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING THIS?!
Because some people need to know whether or not they're going to have to neuter their future lists or not. Plus, you don't exactly have to read it or anything, as much as I hate that argument.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
How about 2 different tournaments side by side? One for 160 min lists and the other for 80 min ones. Everyone is happy.
That would just up the amount of listening we have to do all at once. The current, genre specific mini games should be stripped of their genre specifics. That way they're all just plain Desert Island. The longer one goes on in the Fall. The shorter one goes on in the Winter. The long one returns in the Spring. The short one returns in the Summer. Repeat.
__________________

__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #393
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
That is total crap. In the Symphonic Album Game people used several different genres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
The problem is the mini games are usually genre specific
What you said.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Certainly not you.
Clearly you didn't listen to my list. :eyeroll:
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #395
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
That would just up the amount of listening we have to do all at once.
What? No. You don't participate in both formats! You only participate in either the 160 min one OR the 80 min one. So you'll either be listening to everyone's 160 min playlists or everyone's 80 min playlists, depending on the competition you have chosen to be in. Simple solution! Everyone is happy.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
And that really sucks, since I enjoyed your list and found more music to enjoy.

I don't know why I'm drawn into this argument with Screw, since it will go nowhere, but I'm in one of those "fuck it" moods right now, I guess.
Well I'm glad you enjoyed my music. And I enjoyed yours too. Yours and LM are the two I've enjoyed the most, and you're two of those who would rather not participate if the competition gets... er... neutered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Because some people need to know whether or not they're going to have to neuter their future lists or not. Plus, you don't exactly have to read it or anything, as much as I hate that argument.
Good to know we still agree on some things.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
What? No. You don't participate in both formats! You only participate in either the 160 min one OR the 80 min one. So you'll either be listening to everyone's 160 min playlists or everyone's 80 min playlists, depending on the competition you have chosen to be in. Simple solution! Everyone is happy.
That cuts to amount of votes in each competition in half. I had a suggestion like that to Phanan, and that was what he said.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #398
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
What? No. You don't participate in both formats! You only participate in either the 160 min one OR the 80 min one. So you'll either be listening to everyone's 160 min playlists or everyone's 80 min playlists, depending on the competition you have chosen to be in. Simple solution! Everyone is happy.
What if you're curious about both? Are you saying you're only allowed to vote in one?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #399
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
That cuts to amount of votes in each competition in half. I had a suggestion like that to Phanan, and that was what he said.
Oh yeah that's true. But it's the best compromise I can think of other than simply keeping no minimum and a 160 min maximum in the current competition!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #400
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Oh yeah that's true. But it's the best compromise I can think of other than simply keeping no minimum and a 160 min maximum in the current competition!
What do you think of the genre-stripping idea for mini-competitions?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #401
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Because some people need to know whether or not they're going to have to neuter their future lists or not. Plus, you don't exactly have to read it or anything, as much as I hate that argument.
Your argument would stand better if it weren't for the fact that this is the Rules and Sign-up thread for the CURRENT DI game, and I come here to make sure that the deadline hasn't been moved up or something when I see all this chatting going on. But nope, it's just the same. pointless. no one is going to be happy. argument. again. and again. and again.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #402
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Oh yeah that's true. But it's the best compromise I can think of other than simply keeping no minimum and a 160 min maximum in the current competition!
I just think we need to sacrifice themes for mini-games. Make them true DI, but just shorter. But I've repeated that multiple times and haven't gotten any biters, so I guess I'll shut up. I guess people like the themes quite a bit.

ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
What do you think of the genre-stripping idea for mini-competitions?
...or perhaps it was noticed.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #403
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
What if you're curious about both? Are you saying you're only allowed to vote in one?
No. You're only allowed to participate in one. Meaning submitting your list. Pick the one you'd rather take part in... 160 min OR 80 min. But you can vote in both.. as long as you listened to that particular list!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
What do you think of the genre-stripping idea for mini-competitions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I just think we need to sacrifice themes for mini-games. Make them true DI, but just shorter. But I've repeated that multiple times and haven't gotten any biters, so I guess I'll shut up. I guess people like the themes quite a bit.
Yes and Yes!

This works too!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #405
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Your argument would stand better if it weren't for the fact that this is the Rules and Sign-up thread for the CURRENT DI game, and I come here to make sure that the deadline hasn't been moved up or something when I see all this chatting going on. But nope, it's just the same. pointless. no one is going to be happy. argument. again. and again. and again.
Where else are we going to argue about it?

...Besides the back alley, with broken bottles in hand.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
desert island

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com