Desert Island V Album Game: Round 2, Match 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the playlist you like the most.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
Please vote for the playlist you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the first match of the second round for Interference Desert Island V! The premise of this game is that all of the Interferencers have been stranded on a desert island and we can only take up to 160 minutes of music with us (either as a continuous iPod playlist or two 80 minute CDs or any other format of our choosing). The object is to see which forum member can fit the most musical goodness into these 160 minutes.

For every win, each player will receive three points. If there is a tie, each player gets two points. If a player loses a match but is within three votes of the winner, that player will earn a single point.

In the last two matches of Round 1, RegularBonoFan dominated Screwtape2 with a final score of 15-2, while hardyharhar has his first victory in defeating bono_212, 10-2.

Here are our current standings:

We're ready for Round 2. First up is Zootlesque and LemonMacPhisto. Below are their playlists.

If you don't know the songs, or wish to hear how each playlist flows, feel free to check out the Desert Island website. :)

Forum name: Zootlesque

These Boots Are Made For Knockin’

As the title suggests, this playlist is filled with panty droppers! But it is not all slow bedroom music. Everyone’s definition of the word “sexy” is different. Some associate it with smooth jazzy R&B numbers. Some think of sexy rock riffs and lyrical innuendo. And some others may prefer stylish dance party music. I have tried to accommodate all of that and much more. There are a few unconventional picks that might make you go WTF until you pay attention to the lyrics or get into the groove. Anyway, everyone’s interpretation is different and I hope there’s enough on here to please all of you listening. So dim the lights, burn some incense, grab a drink, sit back and enjoy.

DISC 1

1. Prince & The New Power Generation - "Cream" - Diamonds And Pearls (4:13)
2. INXS - "Not Enough Time" - Welcome To Wherever You Are (4:11)
3. Siouxsie & The Banshees - "Kiss Them For Me" - Twice Upon A Time - The Singles (4:24)
4. Kate Bush - "The Sensual World" - The Sensual World (3:57)
5. U2 - "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" - Pop (5:15)
6. Tori Amos - "Lust" - To Venus And Back (3:54)
7. Massive Attack - "Teardrop" - Mezzanine (5:31)
8. Radiohead - "All I Need" - In Rainbows (3:49)
9. Madonna - "Justify My Love" - The Immaculate Collection (5:01)
10. Franz Ferdinand - "Words So Leisured" - Take Me Out (Single) (2:20)
11. Chris Isaak - "Wicked Game" - Heart Shaped World (4:49)
12. Bruce Springsteen - "I'm On Fire" - Born In The USA (2:41)
13. The Moody Blues - "Nights in White Satin" - The Best Of The Moody Blues (4:27)
14. Depeche Mode - "Stripped" - The Singles 86>98 (3:51)
15. Enigma - "Principles Of Lust" - LSD: Love, Sensuality and Devotion (3:09)
16. Shreya Ghoshal - "Chalo Tumko Lekar Chalen" - Jism - Original Soundtrack (4:51)
17. Janet Jackson - "That's the Way Love Goes" - Janet (4:27)
18. Sade - "No Ordinary Love" - Love Deluxe (7:20)

Total time: 77:59

DISC 2
1. The Rolling Stones - "Start Me Up" - Tattoo You (3:35)
2. Led Zeppelin - "Whole Lotta Love" - Led Zeppelin II (5:34)
3. The White Stripes - "In the Cold, Cold Night" - Elephant (2:58)
4. Coldplay - "Sparks" - Parachutes (3:49)
5. Dire Straits - "Your Latest Trick (Live)" - Sultans Of Swing (5:42)
6. George Michael - "Careless Whisper" - Ladies & Gentlemen: The Best Of (5:00)
7. Seal - "Kiss From A Rose" - Seal (4:48)
8. Duran Duran - "Come Undone" - The Wedding Album (4:37)
9. Roxy Music - "Love Is The Drug" - Siren (4:08)
10. The Killers - "On Top" - Hot Fuss (4:19)
11. Moby - "Rushing" - Play (3:00)
12. Toni Braxton - "You're Makin' Me High" - Secrets (4:27)
13. TLC - "Red Light Special" - CrazySexyCool (5:03)
14. En Vogue - "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)" - Funky Divas (4:42)
15. Peggy Lee - "Fever" - The Best of Miss Peggy Lee (3:19)
16. Frank Sinatra featuring Bono - "I've Got You Under My Skin" - Duets (3:33)
17. Lionel Richie - "Do It To Me" - Back To Front (6:02)
18. Marvin Gaye - "Let's Get It On" - Let's Get It On (4:00)

Total time: 78:30

Forum name: LemonMacPhisto

Hey fellas, I’m back again with another list for you guys. This time around, I wanted to try and make a list that’s fun to listen to, diverse, and well constructed. This contest has always been a fun creative exercise for me, and I think this is the most fun I’ve had creating a list and its peripherals. Originally, this was a 2 CD set split with 18 songs each, but the length went over on the 1st disc, so that was shot. Instead, I broke it up into 4 sections and used that as an opportunity to make some covers for each:

The first section is more dance/electronica-oriented, with a shot from Predator serving as the cover, which actually served as the music video for Ratatat’s “Mirando.”

The second section is a darker progression, with the shot of Jaws serving as visual irony for this section’s title. “Please” is meant to end the first half, not really meaning to go into the Weezer track well at all.

The third section digs more into that ‘90s alt rock sound then ending with Adam Sandler’s magnum opus, “The Goat Song;” the cover here comes from Fight Club.

The final section takes a more lighter approach and is my favorite part of the entire list; the cover is a shot from Raging Bull, referencing the closing line in Jake La Motta’s opening monologue.
So yeah, that’s about it. I hope you all enjoy listening to the list and give me some feedback on what you liked, didn’t like, etc… I’m incredibly psyched to hear everyone else’s lists and get crackin’.

LMP / YLB Presents:

Hollywood Freaks

1. Hot Chip - “Over and Over” - The Warning (5:48)
2. The Beastie Boys - “Hey Ladies” - Paul’s Boutique (3:48)
3. Beck - “Hollywood Freaks (ft. The Dust Brothers)” - Midnite Vultures (4:00)
4. The Roots - “Quills” - Phrenology (4:22)
5. Ratatat - “Mirando” - LP3 (3:52)
6. Mute Math - “Peculiar People” - Reset [EP] (4:36)
7. Kanye West - “Diamonds from Sierra Leone (Remix)” - Late Registration (3:53)
8. David Bowie - “I’m Afraid of Americans (Nine Inch Nails V1 Mix)” - Earthling [Bonus Tracks] (5:30)
9. Gorillaz - “Clint Eastwood (ft. Del the Funky Homosapien)” - Gorillaz (5:44)

Total Time: 41:28

Comfy in Nautica

10. Panda Bear - “Comfy in Nautica” - Person Pitch (4:05)
11. King Crimson - “21st Century Schizoid Man” - In the Court of the Crimson King (7:22)
12. Charles Mingus & RZA - “II B.S. (RZA's Mingus Bounce Mix)" - Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked (3:23)
13. The Beatles - “I Am the Walrus” - Magical Mystery Tour [EP] (4:35)
14. Thom Yorke - “And It Rained All Night” - The Eraser (4:21)
15. Moby - “One of These Mornings (ft. Patti LaBelle)” - Miami Vice [Soundtrack] (4:01)
16. Seal - “Killer (Single Version)” - Killer [Single] (4:19)
17. Peter Gabriel - “Zaar” - Passion: Music from ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ (4:53)
18. U2 - “Please (Single)” - Please [Single] (5:50)

Total Time: 42:42

Blow Out

19. Weezer - “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations of a Shaker Hymn)” - Weezer (The Red Album) (5:52)
20. Pavement - “Cut Your Hair” - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (3:07)
21. The Replacements - “Bastards of Young” - Tim (3:38)
22. PJ Harvey - “Kamikaze” - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea (2:24)
23. Radiohead - “Blow Out” - Pablo Honey (4:42)
24. Sonic Youth - “Dirty Boots” - Goo (5:30)
25. R.E.M. - “New Orleans Instrumental No. 1” - Automatic for the People (2:15)
26. Roy Orbison - “In Dreams” - In Dreams (2:50)
27. Adam Sandler - “The Goat Song” - What’s Your Name? (7:49)

Total Time: 38:04

That’s Entertainment

28. The Flaming Lips - “Waitin’ for a Superman (“Is It Getting’ Heavy?”) (4:17)
29. The Waterboys - “Beverly Penn” - This Is the Sea [Bonus Tracks] (5:40)
30. Arcade Fire - “(Antichrist Television Blues)” - Neon Bible (5:10)
31. The Jam - “That’s Entertainment” - Sound Affects (3:13)
32. The Shins - “Kissing the Lipless” - Chutes Too Narrow (3:19)
33. Sufjan Stevens - “John Wayne Gacy, Jr.” - Illinois (3:20)
34. Simon & Garfunkel - “Old Friends / Bookends” - Bookends (3:58)
35. The Kinks - “Shangri-La” - Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire) (5:21)
36. Pink Floyd - “Eclipse” - Dark Side of the Moon (2:01)

Total Time: 36:14

UP NEXT: phillyfan26 vs. DreamOutLoud13

Competition master list.

Have fun!

YLB FTW. Arguably my favorite this time around.

Zoots' draws continue to suck. It's a shame.

That's okay. I have already completely lost interest in my own playlist.

My DI-6 list might surprise you folks. :dance:

You and your DI6 List are cracking me up buddy :wink: hopefully it's as amazing as you say. This time, however, I shall be going with LMP

Thanks, guys.

Zoots, you know I like your list, but I'm voting for mine because I'm a maverick.

You and your DI6 List are cracking me up buddy :wink: hopefully it's as amazing as you say. This time, however, I shall be going with LMP

I think I should have maybe saved the sexy list for a mini game. Since there was a theme, I found myself choosing from a limited pool of songs. And when that happens, it's hard to find that balance of personal favorites AND broadly appealing songs. 160 min is long enough that it almost warrants a themeless list of songs that sound great together. This is my objective next time around. Of course, I did have that philosophy with my earlier lists but I have a good feeling this time around. :shifty:

Zoots, you know I like your list, but I'm voting for mine because I'm a maverick.

Alright McPhisto! :wink:

There's a lot of stuff on LMP's list that I didn't enjoy, but with such a diverse disc, you're bound to expect that. He did good, see.

I haven't listened to Zoot's yet, though. :silent: I'll reserve the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom