Desert Island V Album Game: Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the link of this site? I want to check it out.

EDIT: Never mind....I found it.

EDIT NO. 2: Can anyone vote, regardless of if they made a submission or not?

What is the link of this site? I want to check it out.

EDIT: Never mind....I found it.

EDIT NO. 2: Can anyone vote, regardless of if they made a submission or not?

Yes, anyone's open to listen and vote as they see fit.

Okay, I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. How do you guys add these lists and listen to them? Do you bulk copy everything or do you select the specific tracks that you do not have, add them and then create the playlist song by song? I do the latter because I don't want duplicates. And that is the reason why I do not number the files or tag the album name as Desert Island or whatever. Sure, it takes a bit longer to create the playlists but at least I don't have to do spring cleaning later.

I select what I don't have and add them song by song to the playlist to avoid duplicates.

I work off of my family's computer for iTunes (mine is too old to function with it), and my family has no idea that I have anything to do with this site at all. So, whenever someone edits the tracks to have their album name on it or to change the album art, I immediately have to change them all to their original information so that no one sees it.

After the competition, when I have some time, I will go through all the tracks and see which ones I want to keep and which ones I don't. At that time, I'll add artwork to all the tracks I want to keep. I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to the iPod.

i just add the entire playlist. i prefer everything to be tagged where the songs are added in order. but at the very least, tags help. or i should say, correct tags. if they're not tagged at all, then i have to tag them because i hate for stuff to just not have an album.

i just add the entire playlist. i prefer everything to be tagged where the songs are added in order. but at the very least, tags help. or i should say, correct tags. if they're not tagged at all, then i have to tag them because i hate for stuff to just not have an album.

Then you go and delete all the duplicates later?

no :crack: i just leave them on my comp. i don't care. i've got like five versions of some songs, but whatevs. i've got a big hard drive so for now it's a non-issue.

Oh geez! :lol: See, that's why I don't like bulk copying all the files. It's like a ticking time bomb and it's gonna be hell trying to sort out later on! :yikes:

Okay, I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. How do you guys add these lists and listen to them? Do you bulk copy everything or do you select the specific tracks that you do not have, add them and then create the playlist song by song? I do the latter because I don't want duplicates. And that is the reason why I do not number the files or tag the album name as Desert Island or whatever. Sure, it takes a bit longer to create the playlists but at least I don't have to do spring cleaning later.

I extract the files, tag and number them properly (if necessary), then click and drag the file to my media player of choice. I try not to keep much music on my computer, so there are seldom duplicates.

Then you go and delete all the duplicates later?

That's what I do. Put the entire playlist the way it was downloaded to me and listen to it, and then ditch any dupes I have after.

Sometimes people may have a copy of a song that differs slightly from yours, and for sequencing and flow purposes, I like to make sure I am listening to exactly what the other person did.

That's what I do. Put the entire playlist the way it was downloaded to me and listen to it, and then ditch any dupes I have after.

Sometimes people may have a copy of a song that differs slightly from yours, and for sequencing and flow purposes, I like to make sure I am listening to exactly what the other person did.

Samesies.

How I do it:

When I finalize my list, in iTunes I "convert to AAC" (therefore copying the songs in my list) and then I tag these new files as I want them to be for my playlist. Once uploaded, I delete these copies from my computer.

With everyone elses:

I mass upload everything to iTunes, retagging the genre as "Desert Island" so it's easy to differentiate. Then, at the end, if there's anything that's a duplicate, I'll delete it, or if there's anything I don't care about, I'll delete it. If there's anything that I want to keep, however, I'll go to wikipedia and figure out all the necessary tags (from disc number to track number to album art etc) and update them.

But I'm quite anal about keeping my iTunes organized.

I have a 500GB hard drive. I don't care about duplicates, and hope not to have to care about them for some time to come!
:drool:

I just copied the songs in my list into a special folder, re-numbered them so they're in order, and zipped them like that. I'm storing other people's lists like that, too.

The My Bloody Valentine track is missing in The Sad Punk's entry.

Received. The link for My Bloody Valentine has been added to the DI page under Sad Punk's other two links.

And yes, I hope to have the rest of the playlists up there by tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom