Desert Island IX: Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
WE'RE HERE OH FUCK

It's been a long three months, but now it's time to reward those who really killed it with a virtual pat on the back. Maybe this year we can have Hewson hook us up with one of them Whole Enchiladas.

This shit will be starting very soon. If any of you have last-minute rankings, now would be the time to send them in. Once we've started, this shit won't stop.

Sitting in my Desktop Publishing class and the professor is talking about stroke widths for borders annnnnnnd I have "Strokin'" stuck in my head.

...thanks, Jake. Class just got 500% better.

Before this gets going, I just wanted to say that these lists were extremely impressive by and large. I felt guilty ranking anything near the bottom because the quality was so consistently high.

I just sent my rankings in via email. Sorry to be that guy, I'm transitioning to a new job and lost track of this. Hopefully I'm not fucking it up.

Haha you son of a bitch.

Bonnie sent me a top 5 earlier (just a top 5) and I've been trying to get a hold of her all day so she can be a part of this, but no word back. Now that your rankings are in and I've got to re-write everything, I might just wait until I hear back from her.

Mr. V hasn't been here this month, so yeah.

Yeah, I'm going to pull a Scientist and drag this out for a bit. Depending on how the rest of Bonnie's list shakes out, there could be a one point difference between #1 and #2. Two lists were submitted after the deadline, what's the harm in waiting for half of another?

Ashley can't get online right now either. I'll wait until she gets home in an hour and see if there are more people around. It seems really quiet tonight, but I also didn't exactly let anyone know it would be going on.

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on this thread, but it's 01:36 a.m. here so I don't know if I'll be here in an hour :yawn:

Well I did the mistake of checking the new u2 album thread while I'm waiting. Why. :|

Alright, let's roll.

17. IWasBored
98 points
Highest placement: 4th
Lowest placement: 18th
Top 5 placements: 2

Entry:

There was supposed to be artwork with this, but I couldn't find the picture I wanted to useand didn't feel like putting the effort into finding a similar, suitable one online and making it look like what I'd planned. So, no artwork.

There's a slight exaggeration here, I never actually quit drinking. But long gone are the nights that follow this trajectory. Starting with songs of brotherhood and the joy of going out and getting wasted melt far too quickly into violence, which then turns to self-loathing, and by the end, self-pity. These days I stick to a couple beers with breakfast after work rather than nights that go from the Ducky Boy's "I've got my Friends" to flirting with Metallica's "Fade to Black."

1. The Wretched Ones - Going Down the Bar - The Wretched Ones - 2:29
2. The Buisness - Guinness Boys - Hardcore Hooligan - 3:12
3. The Bruisers - Til the End - Cruisin' for a Bruisin' - 4:03
4. Hudson Falcons - Monahan's - Desperation and Revolution - 2:47
5. Forced Reality - 15 Pints and I'm Still Standing - Unheard, Unreleased, and Under the Boot - 3:22
6. Big Bad Bollocks - Guinness - Night on the Tiles - 1:07
7. Bouncing Souls - Manthem - How I Spent My Summer Vacation - 3:09
8. Barenaked Ladies - Alcohol - Stunt - 3:43
9. Reducers SF - A Few Rounds - Backing the Long Shot - 2:38
10. The Bones - Troublebound - Straight Ghetto Flush - 2:25
11. Roger Miret & the Disasters - Run Johnny Run - Roger Miret & the Disasters - 2:27
12. Blitz - Someone's Gonna Die - The Best of Blitz - 2:29
13. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Don't Know How to Party - Don't Know How to Party - 3:15
14. Gang Green - Alcohol - Another Wasted Night - 2:12
15. Blood for Blood - All Fucked Up - Revenge on Society - 2:38
16. Rancid - The Bottle - Rancid - 2:05
17. Patriot - One for the Road - We the People - 2:55
18. Far From Finished - Lost in the Rain - East Side of Nowhere - 3:05
19. Social Distortion - Down Here (with the Rest of Us) - White Heat, White Light, White Trash - 4:20
20. Dropkick Murphys - This is Your Life - Blackout - 3:44
21. The Beltones - Set 'em up, Stevie - Cheap Trinkets - 2:53
22. Mark Lind & the Unloved - Sad Songs - Homeward Bound - 3:13
23. The National - Mr. November - Alligator - 3:57
24. The Who - How Many Friends - The Who by Numbers - 4:06
25. Nine Inch Nails - Right Where it Belongs - With Teeth - 5:05

Total run time: 1 hour, 17 minutes, 39 seconds

Back
Top Bottom