Desert Island IX: Master List, Part One - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Update: 14/20 playlists are in right now, and I've already got group 2 set in place. I think I may run this until sometime late next week before starting the next thread up, but I just wanted to let you guys know how far along things are.
Again, if possible, would you be able to send everything we've got non-group 1 so I can load it for while I'm out of town for two weeks? I'm leaving on the 4th at the butt crack of dawn.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #92
The Male

Done. Check your PMs.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Perfect! Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #94
War Child

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Update: 14/20 playlists are in right now, and I've already got group 2 set in place. I think I may run this until sometime late next week before starting the next thread up, but I just wanted to let you guys know how far along things are.
Weren't you gonna start the Group 2 thread early this week? This tournament is ambling at a snail's pace.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #95
The Male

DI8 separated threads by 10 days and this one started on the 25th, so yeah, sometime late next week. Probably Thursday.

You've still got playlists left to hear in this group anyway.

Now.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Could you also forward all the links you have to me, LM? I'm going on holiday in a few days.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

So gump's list.

The first half was my favorite. Strong song selection. I can honestly say I enjoyed each song on there. I'll need to check out more Beck and Broken Social Scene. Props for including the Sufjan Stevens track. It's one of the more underrated albums of the past few years imo. There some really good transitions. Genesis-Fineshrine was an awesome duo for instance. However, there were also a few transitions that weren't as smooth. Chemtrails-Voyeur springs to mind.

The second half started off strongle. Belle and Sebastian is also band I need to hear more of. I'd only listened to the new Phosphorescent album once on Spotify and I'd frogotten how good Sonf for Zula is. One of the best tracks to come out this year so far. The middle stretch (Franz Ferdinand, Friedberger and Bird) didn't do much for me. The last three songs more than made up for that however. Good stuff. I feel the same about the transitions in this half as I do about those in the first. Some good ones, but there were a few I didn't like too much. Overall it was very enjoyable.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #98
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
Could you also forward all the links you have to me, LM? I'm going on holiday in a few days.
Done.

Now.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #100
Refugee

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Iron Yuppie, yours was a pretty good list all round. I have to admit I found some of the early song-to-song transitions a bit off - but as I previously stated, I'm very, very picky about mine so I think I'm the problem. However, your song selection blew my socks off, I have to say. I was wondering how you'd get from Blondie and The Rolling Stones to Around the World and Get Innocuous in just three steps, but you did it - that whole section was great. Some songs did drag on a bit - but you get that when you have three songs of around seven minutes of length in a row. Prince was awesome, but we already knew that. BTW, Get Innocuous is probably one of my favourite all-time songs. From there it kept getting better. In fact, it was excellent. I hadn't heard any of the tracks from The Knife to the end and I really, really enjoyed it. Much better flow and good vibes. Think just from one listen of that section I'm about to get into a whole lot of new music, which is what this is all about. Well played.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
So gump's list.

The first half was my favorite. Strong song selection. I can honestly say I enjoyed each song on there. I'll need to check out more Beck and Broken Social Scene. Props for including the Sufjan Stevens track. It's one of the more underrated albums of the past few years imo. There some really good transitions. Genesis-Fineshrine was an awesome duo for instance. However, there were also a few transitions that weren't as smooth. Chemtrails-Voyeur springs to mind.

The second half started off strongle. Belle and Sebastian is also band I need to hear more of. I'd only listened to the new Phosphorescent album once on Spotify and I'd frogotten how good Sonf for Zula is. One of the best tracks to come out this year so far. The middle stretch (Franz Ferdinand, Friedberger and Bird) didn't do much for me. The last three songs more than made up for that however. Good stuff. I feel the same about the transitions in this half as I do about those in the first. Some good ones, but there were a few I didn't like too much. Overall it was very enjoyable.
Thanks, Niels. Appreciate your comments. I'm glad you liked Genesis-Fineshrine (I'm also fond of that duo). Voyeur was such a hard song to place, given how it starts abruptly. I wanted to have it there, and ended up accepting that it was going to be a clunky transition.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

I'm planning on listening to iyup and joey tomorrow. And then I'll keep my comments to myself about the following playlists until those threads are posted. It'll probably come in a barrage as I'm not planning on being able to be online much at all when I'm gone (staying with the grandparents for two weeks and they only have dial up, so my laptop will be a glorified iPod charger for that time).
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #103
War Child

Okay I just lost my whole post. Let me try this again. Fuck!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #104
War Child

Wow iron yuppie, your playlist got awesome very fast!!

I have to be honest and say that I still haven't warmed up to the first 3 tracks yet. But starting with Prince, it is one kicking track after another!

- Elton John was quite cool. Hadn't heard this one before.

- The Bizarre Love Triangle remix was interesting but I do prefer the normal version. Felt this one was a bit too extended. Great song, nonetheless!

- Daft Punk was just fucking excellent! maybe my favourite track of theirs.

- LCD Soundsystem was equally fantastic!

- The flow especially in this section has been terrific by the way!

- Really really enjoyed The Knife as well, on first listen too!

- Wandering Star is of course uber cool... almost put it on my own list.

- Burial sounds nice so far.

That's where I am right now... Very cool!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #105
War Child

And I just finished your list. Enjoyed pretty much everything else as well. That last track by Cut Copy... wow! Nice one.

This might be my favourite playlist so far.