|11-24-2014, 12:15 AM||#1|
love, blood, life
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Describe Your Audio Set-Up
Apols if this has already been covered in other threads, or if you think this should be in the Technology forum.__________________
I am looking to get a proper audio set-up in our new place when we move in the new year. I made a list of priorities, and thought I'd try and get the best I can while sticking to a budget. My priorities were:
- Good speakers that will fill a medium sized living space. I don't want to spend tens of 1000s, so I scoured reviews of brands that made good value bookshelf speakers and rear surround speakers.
- A turntable that is better than basic (entry level audiophile, or mid-range).
- A receiver that plays audio from smartphones, and allows selection of which speakers play for specific devices.
Here's what I came up with:
- Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 (front), 686 S2 (rear), HTM62 S2 (centre), ASW08 (sub)
- Turntable: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Phono USB
- Receiver: Yamaha RX-V477
All told, Aus RRP is around 4.7k, but with online specials etc, I came in under the 4k budget I was allowing myself.
Does anyone have any opinions on this gear, or care to describe their own set-ups and the reasons you went the way you did?
|11-24-2014, 06:40 AM||#2|
Blue Crack Supplier
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Local Time: 05:04 PM
I have a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and I love it. I chose not to get the USB version because it has its own pre-amp built in. I am currently using a basic one from Pro-Ject but I like having the ability to upgrade down the line.__________________
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|