Describe Your Audio Set-Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Apols if this has already been covered in other threads, or if you think this should be in the Technology forum.

I am looking to get a proper audio set-up in our new place when we move in the new year. I made a list of priorities, and thought I'd try and get the best I can while sticking to a budget. My priorities were:

- Good speakers that will fill a medium sized living space. I don't want to spend tens of 1000s, so I scoured reviews of brands that made good value bookshelf speakers and rear surround speakers.
- A turntable that is better than basic (entry level audiophile, or mid-range).
- A receiver that plays audio from smartphones, and allows selection of which speakers play for specific devices.

Here's what I came up with:

- Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 (front), 686 S2 (rear), HTM62 S2 (centre), ASW08 (sub)
- Turntable: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Phono USB
- Receiver: Yamaha RX-V477

All told, Aus RRP is around 4.7k, but with online specials etc, I came in under the 4k budget I was allowing myself.

Does anyone have any opinions on this gear, or care to describe their own set-ups and the reasons you went the way you did?

I have a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and I love it. I chose not to get the USB version because it has its own pre-amp built in. I am currently using a basic one from Pro-Ject but I like having the ability to upgrade down the line.

enhanced-buzz-21487-1336099394-0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom