Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Delta Machine Tour kicked off tonight at the Palais Nikaia in Nice, France. Some great pics and videos on Depeche Mode's Tumblr page. Depeche Mode

THE SETLIST:
Welcome to My World
Angel
Walking in My Shoes
Precious
Black Celebration
Policy of Truth
Should Be Higher
Barrel of a Gun
Higher Love (sung by Martin)
The Child Inside
Heaven
Soothe My Soul
A Pain That I'm Used To
A Question of Time
Secret to the End
Enjoy the Silence
Personal Jesus
Goodbye

A Question of Lust
Halo
Just Can't Get Enough
I Feel You
Never Let Me Down Again
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2013/le-palais-nikaia-nice-france-73d80af1.html
Black Celebration? Just Can't Get Enough? Never Let Me Down Again closing the show? Really like this setlist...now I want to see them live!

There is some awesomeness in there, for sure. And then you have the child inside for in case you need to take a pee break.

I'm a huge fan of "Freestate". A lot of DM fans don't like it for some reason, but I've always loved it. It's exotic and kinda sexy. I like "Mercy In You", as well.

The Delta Machine Tour kicked off tonight at the Palais Nikaia in Nice, France. Some great pics and videos on Depeche Mode's Tumblr page. Depeche Mode

THE SETLIST:
Depeche Mode Concert Setlist at Le Palais Nikaia, Nice on May 4, 2013 | setlist.fm
Black Celebration? Just Can't Get Enough? Never Let Me Down Again closing the show? Really like this setlist...now I want to see them live!

Wow.

Maybe further on in the tour they'll substitute Question of Lust for Question of Time? Then I'd be verrrry happy!

gvox said:
Wow.

Maybe further on in the tour they'll substitute Question of Lust for Question of Time? Then I'd be verrrry happy!

I've never been a fav of Question of Time. I feel like something is wrong with me

I've never been a fav of Question of Time. I feel like something is wrong with me

Nor I! It's not my least favorite DM song, but its not making any of my fave lists either. I don't like the way he sings "tiiiiime". I know that probably sounds really picky but that one part ruins the rest of the song for me.

Question of Lust, on the other hand, is an epic masterpiece that I'd feel sorry to learn a music lover had not yet heard! Beautiful.

gvox said:
Nor I! It's not my least favorite DM song, but its not making any of my fave lists either. I don't like the way he sings "tiiiiime". I know that probably sounds really picky but that one part ruins the rest of the song for me.

Question of Lust, on the other hand, is an epic masterpiece that I'd feel sorry to learn a music lover had not yet heard! Beautiful.

Oh, I completely misread the first post. I pretty much agree with everything. Even the tiiiiiime part. Remember the video for Question of Lust? I love the part where they're hitting the big chimes. Dave does it like a boss

Nope, I'm still voting for there's something wrong with jt. He's so mean and abrasive to people who disagree with him. Fym is full of years because of you!

(The religion of peace thread amused me for all of its pages last night while I was at work, and I thank you for it, mr turkey)

IWasBored said:
Nope, I'm still voting for there's something wrong with jt. He's so mean and abrasive to people who disagree with him. Fym is full of years because of you!

(The religion of peace thread amused me for all of its pages last night while I was at work, and I thank you for it, mr turkey)

I'm happy to have not alienated you ;)

Well, shit. "Years" was suppose to be "tears." I swear my phone has taken to autocorrecting actual words now and turning them into similar ones that I use more often than the ones I really meant to say. Or I just hit the y instead of the t. Who knows. Nah, having read some fym recently, I find that I agree with a lot of your rants.

Something tells me JT and I probably woulda got on famously in FYM but that's probably because were both cynical Canadian 20-somethings from the cold hearted city of TO. For better or for worse, FYM is just not a place that's good for me.

So now you only have JT to contend with over there. Lol

Oh, I completely misread the first post. I pretty much agree with everything. Even the tiiiiiime part. Remember the video for Question of Lust? I love the part where they're hitting the big chimes. Dave does it like a boss

Haha yeah according to the spoiler they are currently playing Time...I want Lust. Time will be a Peer (pee-beer) break for me. Lol

Speaking of which, are you hitting up the show this time around? Lets grab a brew if so. A few of us are going, but itd be good to see you again, longer than a hi/bye ! :beer:

Haha yeah according to the spoiler they are currently playing Time...I want Lust. Time will be a Peer (pee-beer) break for me. Lol

Speaking of which, are you hitting up the show this time around? Lets grab a brew if so. A few of us are going, but itd be good to see you again, longer than a hi/bye ! :beer:

Yep, I'll be going. do you have tickets yet?
We're actually coming back early from a camping trip just for the show. We'll definitely grab a beer :up:

Yep, I'll be going. do you have tickets yet?
We're actually coming back early from a camping trip just for the show. We'll definitely grab a beer :up:

I just chatted to Mark about it today..he's getting the tix! I can't wait. I haven't seen them since they played Kingswood. yeah that long lol

Eta: so very very apropos that I'm seeing them again after all these years and the set list is so Black Celebration-heavy. I really hope it stays that way or at least alot of that era too

I like question of time a lot :shifty:

I like depeche mode a lot right now.

Okay, I just bought tickets for Amserdam, so I'm going to see them at least twice this year.
Still have to decide on Antwerp , I hope they mix up the setlist a bit more by the time they come over !

Setlist talk right now. Here's the Zagreb Setlist,

Welcome to My World
Angel
Walking in My Shoes
Precious
Black Celebration
Policy of Truth
Should Be Higher
Barrel of a Gun
Higher Love (Sung by Martin)
When the Body Speaks (Sung by Martin)
Heaven
Soothe My Soul
A Pain That I'm Used To ('Jacques Lu Cont's Remix' version)
A Question of Time
Secret to the End
Enjoy the Silence
Personal Jesus
Goodbye

Encore:

Home (Acoustic, Martin)
Halo ('Goldfrapp Remix' version)
Just Can't Get Enough
I Feel You
Never Let Me Down Again

I fucking hate the version of Halo they are playing.. Halo should be full throttle like in the 90's.Fuck Goldfrapp for remixing this killer tune into a piece of shit.
Depeche Mode - Halo (Devotional Tour Live 1993) [HD] - YouTube
This is how you do it.

I too wish they put Freestate in the setlist. Fits the Delta Machine sound so well, I'm surprised that they don't play it.

Black Celebration :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Yes!

Loving all the new stuff, Welcome to my world, Soothe, Angel and Should be Higher are great live songs. Heaven would be a pee break, specially don't like the idea of another slowtempo after 2 songs by Martin.
All in all the guys look very happy to be on tour again. Dave obviously is feeling much healthier. And is jumping around like a 10 year old again. Peter Gordeno and Christian Eigner suprised me both by playing Keys (Christian), and bass guitar (Peter) during PoT. They all seem to be having a lot of fun, and taking the piss at each other on stage. I'm enjoying this!

I hope they mix up the setlist a bit more by the time they come over !

Setlist talk right now. Here's the Zagreb Setlist,

Welcome to My World
Angel
Walking in My Shoes
Precious
Black Celebration
Policy of Truth
Should Be Higher
Barrel of a Gun
Higher Love (Sung by Martin)
When the Body Speaks (Sung by Martin)
Heaven
Soothe My Soul
A Pain That I'm Used To ('Jacques Lu Cont's Remix' version)
A Question of Time
Secret to the End
Enjoy the Silence
Personal Jesus
Goodbye

Encore:

Home (Acoustic, Martin)
Halo ('Goldfrapp Remix' version)
Just Can't Get Enough
I Feel You
Never Let Me Down Again

Sorry to say, but they are not known for mixing up their set lists -- maybe one or two songs interchanged between multiple nights in the same city, but other than that, their set lists are pretty static.

Also, it PISSES ME OFF when Martin sings songs that are supposed to be sung by Dave! Sing your own damn songs, Martin, and let Dave do the ones he's supposed to! He never tries to steal any of the songs you sing lead on!

Sorry to say, but they are not known for mixing up their set lists -- maybe one or two songs interchanged between multiple nights in the same city, but other than that, their set lists are pretty static.

Also, it PISSES ME OFF when Martin sings songs that are supposed to be sung by Dave! Sing your own damn songs, Martin, and let Dave do the ones he's supposed to! He never tries to steal any of the songs you sing lead on!

I know, but they told the press - pre tour they rehearsed two pretty different setlists. So I'm still going to be optimistic.:lol:

I think the point of Martin stealing Dave's songs is the only way to mix up the setlist a bit. Its always Martin bringing in a bit of variation.
Although I agree and would appreciate Dave bringing in some more of that myself.

There are some songs that fir Martin better, but ahellofa lot he does now don't.
Still don't hate him for it. I just like both their voices too much.

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed when Martin sings Dave's songs, given how many great songs he has himself that they don't play much, like Judas, One Caress, A Question of Lust, The Bottom Line.

Also, in terms of the setlist:

I'm glad they are playing something that's not a single from Songs of Faith and Devotion, but they chose my least favorite out of the bunch. I like Higher Love but I think Rush, Mercy in You or Get Right With Me would have been much better. I do enjoy the return of Barrel of a Gun though.

New album... is pretty decent. We were fortunate enough to be given a handful of quality tunes, so I'm not complainin' :D

BUT, what really brought me into this thread was that I've just now discovered a plethora of DM b-sides--some really great stuff. "But Not Tonight" is fan-fucking-tastic :drool:

Checked out Higher Love on YT. Martin's singing is pretty damn wretched, get Dave back on it pronto :doh: I'm seeing them in November, hope In Your Room is on the setlist by then. That be some powerful shit live.

Checked out Higher Love on YT. Martin's singing is pretty damn wretched, get Dave back on it pronto :doh: I'm seeing them in November, hope In Your Room is on the setlist by then. That be some powerful shit live.

Could have at least put that in a spoiler tag for the one's trying to avoid setlist ... spoilers.

I love Both the studio and live versions with Dave on vocals.
Higher Love, is obviously a question of taste, but I think it sounds great with the full band behind Martin. Apart from some false notes I heard him sing the first few times. But he looks fucking nervous about it as usual..
Sso I bet he's beating himself up about singing some of "Dave's" songs. He just needs to man up :)lmao:) and just get himself together.

Anyway , there is some luck you might see In Your Room.
If your seeing them 2 nights !
They played it in London. Second nights included some debuts.

1. Welcome to My World
  2. Angel
  3. In Your Room
    (Tour debut; 'Zephyr Mix' version)
  4. Precious
  5. Behind the Wheel
    (Tour debut)
  6. World in My Eyes:drool:
    (Tour debut)
  7. Should Be Higher
  8. Barrel of a Gun
  9. Only When I Lose Myself
    (Sung by Martin)
  10. When the Body Speaks
    (Sung by Martin)
  11. Heaven
  12. Soothe My Soul
  13. John the Revelator
    (Tour debut; First time since 2006)
  14. Soft Touch/Raw Nerve
    (Tour debut, yet they played it on the promo nights)
  15. Secret to the End
  16. Enjoy the Silence
  17. Personal Jesus
  18. Goodbye
  19. Encore:
  20. Home
    (Martin)
  21. Halo
    ('Goldfrapp Remix' version) :yuck:
  22. Just Can't Get Enough
  23. I Feel You
  24. Never Let Me Down Again

So right on Martin just singing some of his own hidden gems. I personally really like his voice. As I like Dave's.
So in for Judas and the bottom line :drool: Your absolutely right.

And come on guys! Play Rush and Photographic instead of the 'ol
fugly Halo remix and I just can't get enough.:D Would be much less predictable and way more exiting for the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom