Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think its going to be the last one , Dave told press the last tour that he was "starting to feel it" and that they can not keep performing like this forever.
Good for them stopping when your not falling apart (for the second time , haha)

I doubt this will be the last one. They've said otherwise in recent press for the new album. I don't think they would ever announce it, they would just stop. They would certainly never put a song goodbye as the meaning last album, they are not that obvious - far from it.

Regardless, really looking forward to the album and tour. I've heard good things from people who have heard the new album. Even that one of Dave's songs is one of the best on the album.

Dave's "Come Back" was the best song on Sounds of the Universe, as far as I'm concerned.

I really liked the stripped down live studio version they released before the album came out. I liked it so much that the album version didn't seem right to me

I really liked the stripped down live studio version they released before the album came out. I liked it so much that the album version didn't seem right to me

hope they do another session like this . They usually are quite generous with bonus content on their dvd's and deluxe . Loved Corrupt and Stories of Old from this footage as well.

And his better not be the last. Even though I still fear it, but thats just pessimistic me.

Dave's "Come Back" was the best song on Sounds of the Universe, as far as I'm concerned.

"Peace" was my favorite, but "Come Back" was a close second. Still, SOTU was a disappointing effort that I rarely go back to.

I'm hoping I will like the new album better.

Living on the edge these days, aren't you? :wink:

First posting a link to an illegal stream/download. Now this.

Really bold choice for a lead single. You can bet the farm it won't make a dent in the charts, and they don't seem to give a shit (which is great). I found Sounds of the Universe to be completely by-the-numbers, but they seem to be exploring new ground on this one. All That's Mine could be on Violator, I'm kinda shocked they can still make songs like that.

Dave is an amazing guy, he. has the showmanship and the boldness to challenge the audience. And still even more amazing how he managed to pull himself together after his OD.

yeah I thought w'd lost Dave G back in the mid 90's- it all seemed a bit Kurt Cobain- so pleased he pulled through that period

I'm a huge Mode fan but not keen on the single- doesn't really seem to do it for me. Aside friom fleeting moments I don't think they've ever been as good since Alan Wilder left

Devotional is one of the best concert dvd's ever- they may have been in a right state personally at the time but that show is amazing

I'm a huge Mode fan but not keen on the single- doesn't really seem to do it for me. Aside friom fleeting moments I don't think they've ever been as good since Alan Wilder left

Alan was my favorite member! I keep hoping he will return one day. I was very happy when, in '11, each member of DM went to see Alan's Recoil art instillation project/tour. Glad to see they've mended their friendship. Now Alan just needs to get back on the DM train!

Having said that, I do like "Ultra" a lot and "Exciter" wasn't bad, but not great either. PTA and SOTU, aside from a few good individual songs, never really stuck with me.

Back
Top Bottom