Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I guess LA didnt get canceled. My cousin is on her way right now. No fair.

if the show starts at 8, they go on at 9, if it starts at 7:30, they go on about 8:30-8:40, it also depends on the venues curfew, but estimate the show at about 2 hours, starting 2 hours before curfew.

the band finally hit their groove, it's about time :) i hit 9 shows on the west coast, and will get about 6 in europe in january!!! they have been happy with their shows the past few weeks :)

if the show starts at 8, they go on at 9, if it starts at 7:30, they go on about 8:30-8:40, it also depends on the venues curfew, but estimate the show at about 2 hours, starting 2 hours before curfew.

the band finally hit their groove, it's about time :) i hit 9 shows on the west coast, and will get about 6 in europe in january!!! they have been happy with their shows the past few weeks :)

They went on last night at 9, opening act Pete Bjorn and John went on at around 7:45.

This was my first time seeing DM, and they were FUCKING AWESOME! I had no idea they were that fucking good. I mean im sure i did because i love their cds. I guess its time to get a dvd and keep checking their tour schedule and hope they add some more shows. This band really puts on a fucking show!!! Hard to believe all of the shit Dave Gahan has gone through this year and he gets out there and moves around like someone half his age. And his voice is fucking incredible!!! What a special night.

Its claimed to be one of their weakest albums, but i find Ultra to be top notch.
Freestate, Home, Its No Good, Useless and Barrel Of A Gun are all 9-10 / 10 tracks in my eyes.

Its claimed to be one of their weakest albums, but i find Ultra to be top notch.
Freestate, Home, Its No Good, Useless and Barrel Of A Gun are all 9-10 / 10 tracks in my eyes.

QFT. It completely trumps everything that came afterwards (which was painfully average IMO). Freestate and Barrel of a Gun are classics. Love the bluesy sound this record introduced.

"It's No Good" is my favorite DM song on certain days. In all honesty, I think that Ultra is their second-best album, trailing only Violator. Ultra has a sustained atmosphere but also variety in song structure - a very rare combination.

Maybe it's just the time period in which I grew up, but their best work to me will always be Black Celebration, Music For The Masses and Violator. I honestly believe SOFAD is not a very good album at all.

But I do like Ultra a lot. If that means anything to anyone besides myself.

:wink:

Just purchased my ticket for the Manchester show at the M.E.N. Im going alone but I dont mind.The first u2 show I went to I was 15 and I went alone then. Standing all the way.

:D

Went to the Manchester gig last night and it topped any gig ive seen before ( seen u2 twice ). Was refreshing to go to a gig and not hear Africa mentioned. Dave's vocals were in great form.

Alan Wilder just performed with DM on at least one song ("Somebody"), during an encore at a DM show. There is at least one picture:

t7yv.jpg

I am flabbergasted.

Holy shit! Maybe he'll be back for the next album. I'd love to hear him produce again

Heard from a friend who was at the show in London last night and said it ROCKED. I've never seen Depeche live (only cover bands doing Depeche material albeit not very well) but would love to.....gonna put that on the Bucket List now! :up:

Woah no way!! The crowd must have being going absolutely crazy.

I'm still mad they canceled my show. :scream: :sad:

Wow, "Photographic." That's the only one of those songs I've not seen them play. Cool. I'm still stunned, over here, hoping that this mini-reunion means a lot more than I'm 200% sure it does. AKA, nothing.

Wow, "Photographic." That's the only one of those songs I've not seen them play.

They brought that one back a few years ago. I think it was the same year as the Vertigo tour that they started playing it again. I got to see it at one of the Toronto shows. It was one of those "this was our first single" deals ala Out of Control. Pretty awesome

Back
Top Bottom