Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought both. That's how I roll, IYS.
ooh. do post a review when you give them a listen.

i'm going to start saving up now for that box set...jesus that looks amazing! i do hope they come out with a vinyl version somewhere down the line, though. i've got all their other albums on vinyl already, it'd be a shame to stop now. i've spent way too much money on this band...

I wonder when they'll expand the tourdates...?

07-24 Toronto, Ontario
07-25 Montreal, Quebec
07-28 Washington, D.C.
07-31 Boston, MA
08-01 Atlantic City, NJ
08-03 New York, NY
08-10 Seattle, WA
08-12 San Francisco, CA
08-14 San Diego, CA
08-16 Los Angeles, CA
08-17 Los Angeles, CA
08-20 Santa Barbara, CA
08-22 Las Vegas, NV
08-23 Phoenix, AZ
08-25 Salt Lake City, UT
08-27 Denver, CO
08-29 Dallas, TX
08-30 Houston, TX
09-01 Atlanta, GA
09-04 Tampa, FL
09-05 Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I've just finished buying all the remasters. Somehow I missed them when they remastered them a few years back, and didn't get started buying them until late 2008 and this year. The 80s albums sound very improved, especially the really early albums.

Some of these b-sides are amazing, I can't believe they didn't make the original albums.

The Some Bizzare mix of "Photographic" is as good as anything this band released.

Also, does anybody else notice the Lollapalooza-sized crater, in those tourdates?

Mother. Of. Fucking. God.

YouTube - Depeche Mode - Wrong

I don't at all mean to stir anything up, honestly. I love both U2 and Depeche Mode. Fanatically, in both instances. But, really...did anybody in the '80s think that the latter was going to age better than the former? Or that it would at least, at some point, be open for debate? I know that I didn't! Of course, that's all up to individual taste, but I know what mine is telling me. Again, I just can't believe that it is 2009 and the conversation can be had...and both sides can make equally valid points. Holy shit, what a spectacular video!!!

'wrong'...hmmm... verse and chorus is nice, i just don't like that effected voice saying: WROOOONG all over the song. :drool:.

New album's not yet out, Sicy. Soon, though. Their last album, Playing the Angel, was one of their strongest. They've always been a better-than-perfect singles band, of course, but they've gradually and consistently been putting together some really good LPs, too--even this late in the game.

1997's Ultra and 2001's Exciter were both singles showcases more than fully realized records, but both leading up to and following them, the band was and has been on. I'm very curious to see what the new one sounds like. I doubt that it'll change the world, and it could easily disappoint, but I hope that it's a good one. And I believe that it can be, more importantly. The band just refuses to stop producing great songs, in spite of all the odds, and I find that admirable/remarkable.

New album's not yet out, Sicy. Soon, though. Their last album, Playing the Angel, was one of their strongest. They've always been a better-than-perfect singles band, of course, but they've gradually and consistently been putting together some really good LPs, too--even this late in the game.

1997's Ultra and 2001's Exciter were both singles showcases more than fully realized records, but both leading up to and following them, the band was and has been on. I'm very curious to see what the new one sounds like. I doubt that it'll change the world, and it could easily disappoint, but I hope that it's a good one. And I believe that it can be, more importantly. The band just refuses to stop producing great songs, in spite of all the odds, and I find that admirable/remarkable.

Oh I thought it leaked already. I have Exciter but it doesnt get a lot of play haha. I will be interested to hear the new stuff.

Oh I thought it leaked already. I have Exciter but it doesnt get a lot of play haha. I will be interested to hear the new stuff.

Exciter is definitely their worst album. Playing The Angel, however, is one of their best. :heart::up:

That video alone is worth an oscar. The song is really catchy but it is very typical of DM's style.

That video alone is worth an oscar. The song is really catchy but it is very typical of DM's style.

The video is good, but I wouldn't go that far... But I agree the song is good, but pretty typical.

I'm more concerned about their tour given the latest "performance" at the Brits...

Am I the only one who thinks Wrong is one of the best songs they've ever done? I was blown away by the song (and the video too, but not just the video.)

But then again, I'm a DM fanatic, so I tend to like all their songs. :hmm:

Sounds of the Universe

Really lookin' forward to this new album by one of my favourite bands: Depeche Mode.

They've already released their single from the album. It's fucking brilliant with an extraordinary video. And the band itself looks in pretty good shape; especially Dave Gahan. But what a great video - really very crisp, modern, blue, and quite simply cool.

Note: Watch it in HD in a new window.

YouTube - Depeche Mode - "Wrong" (official music video)

Still one of the few bands from the 80s who are still doing really well. Probably not as good as U2, but definitely not far off. Underrated band, but I guess that's what makes them so great.

Now this is a deluxe package

depeche mode dot com

I'm not as big a fan of Depeche Mode as I once was, but if you are, this is where it's at. Although I'm sure that the deluxe NLOTH is nice, DM make a deluxe package what it's supposed to be.

- 3 CDs (album, remix and demos respectively) + 1 DVD - mixed in 5.1 DTS :drool: as well as 2 books.

For me the major thing lacking in the deluxe U2 album package is a surround mix.

I used to be a big fan also, and I still remain a devotee although not as big as I once was. This looks absolutely fantastic however!:up:

Back
Top Bottom