Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They played here a few nights ago. A co-worker that went was complaining they didn't play enough from the 80's/early 90's. Looks like they played a couple off Black Celebration and Everything Counts, so not bad.

I agree with you on the new album, probably my least favorite post-2000 album from them (not that any have been that great outside of Playing The Angel).

Ya I think the set list was identical to the Denver show (I'm going to just assume they're as uncreative with their set lists as U2 is). My only complaint was that there were like 4 songs Martin Gore sings and Home is the only one I like that he does (which they did play). I sure as hell can't complain about 3 off Songs of Faith and Devotion (I Feel You, In Your Room, Walking in My Shoes). I had a good time :up: Lots of crowd sing along for Everything Counts.

Plus, Heroes cover.

Last edited:
No comments on Warpaint opening?

A bit of a weird match but they're so good live.

I only saw them do 2 or 3 songs, and they weren't terrible they just weren't exactly memorable either (surprise though, I'm not particularly fond of them to begin with).

I'm loving it as well. Best since Ultra for me. So glad they've gone back to their more classic synth sound on this one. So much more interesting than some of the slow bluesy tracks on their recent albums.

Agree this is a good album. Their last three albums have yielded two or three tracks worth keeping around, so I was really happy to finally get one that I can play front to back

I'm loving it as well. Best since Ultra for me. So glad they've gone back to their more classic synth sound on this one. So much more interesting than some of the slow bluesy tracks on their recent albums.

I've liked DM for a long time. My favorite of the last 30 years is Ultra. Is this new album on par with Ultra?

I was in Philly for a conference this week and finally/coincidentally got to see these guys in concert last night. It was magnificent. :shifty:

Seriously, what a show. Dave Gahan’s home is the stage and the amount of energy he has is fucking unbelievable. The setlist was a great mix of mostly old and some new. We got the 2nd tour performance of Black Celebration, which was a treat. Never Let Me Down Again was euphoric - I think it’s their Streets.

Hope to see them again in the future.

Awesome prbiker. I am finally seeing them for the first time next month. They were probably the first popular music group I ever liked thanks to my older sister, so this is waaayyy overdue.

I saw them in July in Zagreb for the fifth time. It was again an excellent show, full of energy and enthusiasm from the crowd - and it was Martin Gore's birthday so that added to the celebratory atmosphere. One of the most consistently great live bands.

Back
Top Bottom