Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to revisit all my favourites (and least favourites) from all these albums post-2000 and provide my analysis...but you might be on to something here..

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I still really dig Delta Machine, partly because it was mixed by Flood who did a great job on it (Flood also produced the wonderful Holy Fire, one of my favorite albums of this decade. He hasn't lost his touch). Looking forward to Spirit

Got tickets for the concert in Berlin next summer! Really looking forward to it. Been a fan for a long time but actually never attended their show.

The truly sucky part is I can't really string together a U2/DM mini-tour out of their respective Euro dates this summer - when DM is in the EU, U2 is over here...when U2 is in the EU...DM is in Russia or some shit. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd say the run started with Construction Time Again but the golden period was Some Great Reward through SOFAD

For me anyway the albums post drugs/ rehab/ Alan Wilder have been very inconsistent - I liked Ultra ( Barrel of a gun and Sister of Night are amongst my favourite tracks), thought Exciter and SOTU were terrible, liked some of Playing the Angel and Delta Machine, but none of them matched the quality from 84- 93

So basis of previous form of disliking every other album doesn't bode well for Spirit, but hopefully it will break the cycle

ehh its alright. I liked lead singles "Heaven" and "Wrong" quite a bit better on first listen.

oh -- these guys are great, saw them in Oakland at the arena, Oracle,, now...:->

see ya later, alligator!

Smashing Success

ii am NOT killing this thread, this band is just too Damn important...

....and where are they from??/ would like to know :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom