Depeche Mode - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter

Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #286
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
did Jimmy just say '20 million people' in the streets of LA? Holy shit.
He did.

And he was joking/exaggerating.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:54 AM
Depeche Mode frontman rushed to hospital: reports

Old 05-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #288
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
hope he's okay.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:54 AM
At first i thought he was back on the gear.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #290
Babyface

Local Time: 10:54 PM
Dave got severe gastroenteritis, food poisoning. Must have had a bad birthday dinner Poor guy. Hope he recovers quickly!!! He, of all people, needs to stay hydrated since he exerts so much energy at every show. I could see him being out at least a week.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjoy39 View Post
Dave got severe gastroenteritis, food poisoning. Must have had a bad birthday dinner Poor guy. Hope he recovers quickly!!! He, of all people, needs to stay hydrated since he exerts so much energy at every show. I could see him being out at least a week.

Last I heard/read, his only vice these days is cigarettes, and that was a few years ago so he may have quit since then. Other than that, he is completely sober, into health foods and drinks, does yoga and pilates regularly . . . basically he really takes care of himself these days. And you can tell! When I saw them at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, we were first up to the rail and let me tell you . . . that man's body is AMAZING! I've never seen such flawless, alabaster skin from a torso up. Plus, he's a good 15 years older than me and in about a million times better shape! :jealous:
Old 05-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Depeche Mode have been forced to cancel a further four shows on their Sounds of the Universe tour due to further complications from singer Dave Gahan's severe bout of gastroenteritis. Dave is currently undergoing further tests.

Depeche Mode apologise to all their fans for this inconvenience and wish Dave a speedy recovery. Further information will be released in due course.

The following shows have been cancelled:

May 16th Bucharest, Romania, Izvor Park
May 18th Sofia, Bulgaria, Vasil Levski Stadium
May 20th Belgrade, Serbia, USCE Park
May 21st Zagreb, Croatia, Arena

Ticket holders for the above shows are advised to hold on to their tickets as an announcement will be made shortly in regard to rescheduled dates or final cancellation.

Get better Dave
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #293
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post

Last I heard/read, his only vice these days is cigarettes, and that was a few years ago so he may have quit since then. Other than that, he is completely sober, into health foods and drinks, does yoga and pilates regularly . . . basically he really takes care of himself these days. And you can tell! When I saw them at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, we were first up to the rail and let me tell you . . . that man's body is AMAZING! I've never seen such flawless, alabaster skin from a torso up. Plus, he's a good 15 years older than me and in about a million times better shape! :jealous:
Every tour he says he is going to stop smoking and it hasn't happened yet, he said it again when they were rehearsing for this tour. At least he is trying. I know he runs about 3-5 miles 5-6 days a week, perhaps not on tour, but the rest of the time. He does have some damage to some internal organs from the drug use back in the day, so he does have to be careful when he gets sick, from things like this, which is why they are doing extra testing, I am sure.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Been listening to Dave Gahan's second solo album Hourglass a lot of late, its quite good.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

:worried:

They canceled their Polish show as well and, according to a Warsaw newspaper, the doctors have found bacteria in Dave that is usually present in patient's with colon cancer. .

Hopefully, he just has a really bad case of that gastrointestinewhatchacallit and the doctors are just being overly cautious. Apparently, just because that bacteria is present does not automatically mean there's colon cancer.

Google Translate
Old 05-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Fuck me
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #297
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
:worried:

They canceled their Polish show as well and, according to a Warsaw newspaper, the doctors have found bacteria in Dave that is usually present in patient's with colon cancer. .

Hopefully, he just has a really bad case of that gastrointestinewhatchacallit and the doctors are just being overly cautious. Apparently, just because that bacteria is present does not automatically mean there's colon cancer.

Google Translate
That Warsaw article is a rumor. The Polish show HAS been cancelled. No health statement or information has been public, everything has been rumor. Rumors have ranged from what has been released with gasteroenteritis to Dave is dead, the cancer thing has been floating around for the last week, too. Official info from Live Nation is as follows:

Doctors have advised that more time is needed to allow singer, Dave Gahan, to fully recover from his recent illness and ensure that the tour can resume shortly. Depeche Mode apologize to all their fans for this inconvenience and wish Dave a speedy recovery. Ticket holders above for the show are advised to hold onto their tickets, as an announcement will be made shortly with regard to whether the date will be rescheduled, or canceled altogether.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Depeche Mode regret to announce that they are forced to cancel a further three shows on their "Tour of the Universe". Doctors have advised that more time is needed to allow singer, Dave Gahan, to fully recover from his recent illness and ensure that the tour can resume shortly.

Depeche Mode apologise to all their fans for this inconvenience and wish Dave a speedy recovery.

The following additional shows have been cancelled:

MAY
Sat 23 - Warsaw, Poland, Gwardia Stadium
Mon 25 - Riga, Latvia, Skonto Stadium
Wed 27 - Vilnius, Lithuania, Zalgiris Stadium

Ticket holders for the above shows are advised to hold onto their tickets, as an announcement will follow soon with regard to either new rescheduled concert dates, or their final cancellation.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #299
Babyface

Dave's brother implied that London at O2 will be his first show back, but I guess it depends on his recovery - hoping Dave recovers quickly and well!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjoy39 View Post
hoping Dave recovers quickly and well!

Tags
depeche mode