Depeche Mode - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter

Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:11 PM
YouTube - Depeche Mode Performs "Wrong"

YouTube - Depeche Mode Performs "Personal Jesus"

Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:11 PM
just got this today, listening to it right now.

Cant wait till august 29 when i get to see them live for the first time in Dallas

Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #273
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:11 AM
watched it last night on Jimmy Kimmel
Old 04-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
watched it last night on Jimmy Kimmel
Did you see me there?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #275
Babyface

Local Time: 11:11 AM
I was there! 2 people back from the stage in front of Dave! Thanks to VIP, it was an awesome set.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It really was an awesome set.

I'm jealous of how close you were!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #277
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post

It really was an awesome set.

I'm jealous of how close you were!
Where were you? Everyone I know was in either pen 1, Band VIP, or W VIP. If you weren't in those sections, how was it where you were?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't know what the sections were called, but I would say we were in the 2nd section. Up front was the V.I.P. section, then it was the film crew, camera and crane section, and then our section. We were right up front of our section, maybe about 7 - 10 people deep.

I'm tall, so I had no trouble seeing the stage and the guys, but my friends that I was with were not blessed with such height, so they just caught glimpses when the crowds parted in the right way. Poor guys.

Aside from the utter bitch -- first behind me, then to the side of me, then in front of me -- I had a great time.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #279
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
I don't know what the sections were called, but I would say we were in the 2nd section. Up front was the V.I.P. section, then it was the film crew, camera and crane section, and then our section. We were right up front of our section, maybe about 7 - 10 people deep.

I'm tall, so I had no trouble seeing the stage and the guys, but my friends that I was with were not blessed with such height, so they just caught glimpses when the crowds parted in the right way. Poor guys.

Aside from the utter bitch -- first behind me, then to the side of me, then in front of me -- I had a great time.

oh cool, so you were in the 1st 1iota pen, that's pretty decent. how early did you arrive?

I am only 5'3" so I was glad I was up front for my height, but moreso, to be up front..hehehe

We had some "pretty people" next to us. 1iota handpicked people from the back or on the streets to "look good" on camera, which is ridiculous, but they had to be standing right next to us. They were talking about Usher and stupid stuff, and they said the lead singer is Dave, right? Us fans were in shock, and just couldn't believe they got to go to the front because of how they looked, when fans had been waiting all day to get as close as possible and these idiots go to the front, and they barely showed the audience up close anyways.....booooooooooooooooooo.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjoy39 View Post
oh cool, so you were in the 1st 1iota pen, that's pretty decent. how early did you arrive?

I am only 5'3" so I was glad I was up front for my height, but moreso, to be up front..hehehe

We had some "pretty people" next to us. 1iota handpicked people from the back or on the streets to "look good" on camera, which is ridiculous, but they had to be standing right next to us. They were talking about Usher and stupid stuff, and they said the lead singer is Dave, right? Us fans were in shock, and just couldn't believe they got to go to the front because of how they looked, when fans had been waiting all day to get as close as possible and these idiots go to the front, and they barely showed the audience up close anyways.....booooooooooooooooooo.

I wouldnt let anybody that wasnt a true fan in the door...I know this is standard practice but it bothers me
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #281
Babyface

Yeah, they told us the first pen would have hand selected audience members, and I know it happens, but it just really stinks when you have to witness it yourself. My friend said really loud, if you don't know every word to wrong you will be pushed to the back of the crowd, and the girl said to her man, I don't know the lyrics- she sounded worried....hahahaha.

The finall numbers were about 15,000 people/fans showed up. That's pretty awesome!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:11 PM
I didnt really like the first single Wrong but the rest of the record is actually quite solid, definatly has that attitude Depeche Mode sound which is something that has been missing lately.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #283
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjoy39 View Post
the same thing happened to me at a different concert. it was kind of a red zone sort of thing where you basically pay through the nose for really great tickets. i was second row, front and center. i kept noticing no one was in front of us until right before the show started. it was these three girls who were apparently sitting on the lawn until someone pulled them to come sit up front. i paid probably ten times as much for my seats than they did but since they were hot...and the worst part is after all that fuss (the show was taped) it's still yet to see the light of day nearly four years later. i did have a great time and they weren't super annoying once the show started, but it was just the principle of the thing.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #284
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 01:11 PM
did Jimmy just say '20 million people' in the streets of LA? Holy shit.

I'm sorry though, I think Wrong is a dead vibe song for a promo tour. In Sympathy would be my pick or a few others..

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS