Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barrel of a Gun? Very nice. They didn't play that one since 1998.

Wonder if they're going to add more dates? Schedule looks kinda small.

I hope so. No SLC yet. They've been here on their last three tours.

Here's a link to the stream from last night.

Depeche Mode Live On Letterman � Radio.com News

1. Angel
2. Should Be Higher
3. Walking in My Shoes
4. Barrel of a Gun
5. Heaven
6. Personal Jesus
7. Soft Touch/Raw Nerve
8. Soothe My Soul
9. Enjoy The Silence

That was fun to watch. The new songs sound great. Dave looks a decade younger than Bono.

I was surprised that Dave looked pretty good too. He looks haggard in the Heaven video

Very slick performance. They look hungry and rejuvenated. I'm really digging the new songs. This album could be a monster live (something SOTU really wasn't apart from a few exceptions).

Ooh, North American dates. What seems puzzling to me is that they're playing the Minnesota State Fair. :huh: In some way, an odd choice considering that the Twin Cities has the Target Center and the Xcel Energy Center within it's premises.

Wonder if they're going to add more dates? Schedule looks kinda small.

They will probably only add a few dates, but they will be back spring 2014!

Really digging the new tracks. Great performance, they look eager to go out on the road again. Dave looks great, echoing many of the reactions. Hope to see them live on this tour. :hyper:

Barrel of a Gun? Very nice. They didn't play that one since 1998.

Wow, that's surprising. That's the type of song that should be a live staple; love that tune.

New songs sound pretty good! Really enjoy the heaviness of Angel, has kind of a SOFAD vibe to it. I didn't care for SOTU so I wasn't really anticipating this, but I may be pleasantly surprised.

Not to complain but Depeche Mode can't fill the ACC? Really?

What do you think Jive?

I think they can easily fill it. They have before. I was really hoping the show would be there. I really dislike the amphitheatre

Not too bad. Not sure how I feel about the lyrics...
Anyone else think it sounds like a remix?

Not too bad. Not sure how I feel about the lyrics...
Anyone else think it sounds like a remix?

if it was a remix it would sound like 10mins of white noise- which is pretty much what all their remixes are nowadays

not a classic- but alot better than the dismal Heaven and All that's mine

Hugely disappointed by this album.

The best thing here, to my ears, are Broken, My Little Universe and Soothe My Soul.

I hope it can grown on me, but as for now all i can think is:

Martin, did you forget how to write melodies, hooks and middle 8's?

I agree. At the risk of sounding uncool, I'm finding it a bit monotonous and tuneless to tell you the truth.

Hugely disappointed by this album.

The best thing here, to my ears, are Broken and My Little Universe and Soothe My Soul.

I hope it can grown on me, but as for now all i can think is:

Martin, did you forget how to write melodies, hooks and middle 8's?

I agree with all of this. I'm hoping it will grow a bit too.
And lyrics are really weak. A lot of repetition and obvious rhyming schemes (Wrong was probably more repetitious that anything here, but it had the music to back it up. Plus the repetition there was more thematic and fit). I dunno... for the most part I really didn't think anything of this album, which isn't a good sign. It has nothing as immediate and catchy as Wrong, Fragile Tension, or In Sympathy. It also feels really thin whereas SOTU was a muscular album... man, I really wanted this one to be good

I agree with all of this. I'm hoping it will grow a bit too.
The lyrics are really weak too. A lot of repetition and obvious rhyming schemes (Wrong was probably more repetitious that anything here, but it had the music to back it up). I dunno... for the most part I really didn't think anything of this album, which isn't a good sign. It has nothing as immediate and catchy as Wrong, Fragile Tension, or In Sympathy. It also feels really thin whereas SOTU was a muscular album

I was listening today to a b-side from the SOFAD album, My Joy, and i thought now: nothing here comes close to My Joy, IMO. An excellent song, but, still, a b-side...

I'm a big DM fan so i say all of this with sadness. Fragile Tension and In Sympathy were my fave from Sounds of the Universe and the only thing close to them here is Broken IMO.

Back
Top Bottom