Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now this is how you do a European tour. A lot of bands should take notes.

05-07 Tel Aviv, Israel - Hayarkon Park
05-10 Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe
05-12 Sofia, Bulgaria - Georgi Asparuhov Stadium
05-15 Bucharest, Romania - National Stadium
05-17 Istanbul, Turkey - Kucukciftlik Park
05-19 Belgrade, Serbia - Usce Park
05-21 Budapest, Hungary – Puskas Ferenc Stadium
05-23 Zagreb, Croatia - Hippodrome
05-25 Bratislava, Slovakia – Inter Stadium
05-28 London, England – O2 Arena
06-01 Munich, Germany – Olympic Stadium
06-03 Stuttgart, Germany – Mercedes-Benz Arena
06-05 Frankfurt, Germany – Commerzbank Arena
06-07 Berne, Switzerland - Stade De Suisse
06-09 Berlin, Germany – Olympic Stadium
06-11 Leipzig, Germany – Red Bull Arena
06-13 Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken
06-15 Paris, France – Stade De France
06-17 Hamburg, Germany – Imtech Arena
06-22 Moscow, Russia – Locomotive Stadium
06-24 St. Petersburg, Russia – SKK Arena
06-27 Borlange, Sweden - Peace & Love Festival
06-29 Kiev, Ukraine – Olympic Stadium
07-03 Dusseldorf, Germany – Esprit Arena
07-07 Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter Festival
07-11 Bilbao, Spain – BBK Festival
07-13 Lisbon, Portugal – Optimus Alive Festival
07-16 Nimes, France – Antic Arina
07-18 Milan, Italy – San Siro Stadium
07-20 Rome, Italy – Olympic Stadium
07-23 Prague, Czech Republic – Olympic Stadium
07-25 Warsaw, Poland – National Stadium
07-27 Vilnius, Lithuania – Vingis Park
07-29 Minsk, Belarus – Minsk Arena

djerdap said:
Now this is how you do a European tour. A lot of bands should take notes.

They pretty much hit every corner of Europe (even Tel Aviv) with all of those dates. Looks like a mix of arenas, stadiums and festivals. Very exciting for the European fans. :)

I watched the press conference and it was really pointless. They don't even have a name for the album. Silly questions were asked and silly answers were given.
I do wish those fuckers are coming to SA this time. On a good night they can beat anyone, including U2.

Some of my closest friends are HUGE Depeche Mode fans. But I haven't really liked their last two albums; they were ok, but nothing great. At least "Touring The Angel" was a fun tour, but "Tour Of The Universe" was not good, imo. I found it boring. So much so, that I probably won't go see them this tour.

And I mostly agree with djerdap when he says this (although I did like Exciter and I did absolutely love the Playing The Angel single 'Suffer Well'):
. . . although I'm not sure I'll go. It's always more or less the same setlist plus new songs. Since I haven't really enjoyed new Depeche Mode material since Ultra, I'm not really excited by this.

Loving the new songs, sounding VERY VERY good!

And... Fuck, I'm going to see them live for the very first time Next summer! :dance: Holy Sh*t
I'm going apeshit right now. Just ordered my tickets.

Sorry for the language.. But I haven't felt this exited about seeing a band since U2.

Fantastic. I am a big fan of both Playing the Angel and Sounds of the Universe, so I am really looking forward to this one as well.

Interesting. Haven't really gotten into anything post "Ultra", but maybe I'll give this a shot.

I have zero expectations so maybe it will surprise me. They haven't made a great record since the wonderful Ultra.

I have zero expectations so maybe it will surprise me. They haven't made a great record since the wonderful Ultra.

Playing The Angel wasn't bad though. Wasn't great I agree. It had its share of duds. But I liked a handful of songs on there: A Pain That I'm Used To, John The Revelator, Suffer Well, The Sinner In Me, Precious.

Didn't even give Sounds of the Universe a proper chance. Only remember Wrong from it.

So I also have zero expectations for Delta Machine.

Playing The Angel wasn't bad though. Wasn't great I agree. It had its share of duds. But I liked a handful of songs on there: A Pain That I'm Used To, John The Revelator, Suffer Well, The Sinner In Me, Precious.

Didn't even give Sounds of the Universe a proper chance. Only remember Wrong from it.

So I also have zero expectations for Delta Machine.

Playing the Angel is a serious victim of the loudness war. I had to buy the SACD edition (that sounds great) so i could listen to this record.

And yes, i agree that Ultra was their Pop (the last truly great record).

Last track titled: 'Goodbye'. Are they pulling an R.E.M.?
one can only hope.
nelson.gif

depeche just fucking hate making up names for just about anything. shitty song titles like their last release. But I actually love a lot of stuff on that record , in sympathy, wrong , in chains , corrupt where wonderful tracks.
And they are such a lovely live band.

Think its going to be the last one , Dave told press the last tour that he was "starting to feel it" and that they can not keep performing like this forever.
Good for them stopping when your not falling apart (for the second time , haha)

Back
Top Bottom