Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was there! 2 people back from the stage in front of Dave! Thanks to VIP, it was an awesome set.

I don't know what the sections were called, but I would say we were in the 2nd section. Up front was the V.I.P. section, then it was the film crew, camera and crane section, and then our section. We were right up front of our section, maybe about 7 - 10 people deep.

I'm tall, so I had no trouble seeing the stage and the guys, but my friends that I was with were not blessed with such height, so they just caught glimpses when the crowds parted in the right way. :lol: Poor guys.

Aside from the utter bitch -- first behind me, then to the side of me, then in front of me -- I had a great time.

:rockon:

I don't know what the sections were called, but I would say we were in the 2nd section. Up front was the V.I.P. section, then it was the film crew, camera and crane section, and then our section. We were right up front of our section, maybe about 7 - 10 people deep.

I'm tall, so I had no trouble seeing the stage and the guys, but my friends that I was with were not blessed with such height, so they just caught glimpses when the crowds parted in the right way. :lol: Poor guys.

Aside from the utter bitch -- first behind me, then to the side of me, then in front of me -- I had a great time.

:rockon:

oh cool, so you were in the 1st 1iota pen, that's pretty decent. how early did you arrive?

I am only 5'3" so I was glad I was up front for my height, but moreso, to be up front..hehehe

We had some "pretty people" next to us. 1iota handpicked people from the back or on the streets to "look good" on camera, which is ridiculous, but they had to be standing right next to us. They were talking about Usher and stupid stuff, and they said the lead singer is Dave, right? Us fans were in shock, and just couldn't believe they got to go to the front because of how they looked, when fans had been waiting all day to get as close as possible and these idiots go to the front, and they barely showed the audience up close anyways.....booooooooooooooooooo.

oh cool, so you were in the 1st 1iota pen, that's pretty decent. how early did you arrive?

I am only 5'3" so I was glad I was up front for my height, but moreso, to be up front..hehehe

We had some "pretty people" next to us. 1iota handpicked people from the back or on the streets to "look good" on camera, which is ridiculous, but they had to be standing right next to us. They were talking about Usher and stupid stuff, and they said the lead singer is Dave, right? Us fans were in shock, and just couldn't believe they got to go to the front because of how they looked, when fans had been waiting all day to get as close as possible and these idiots go to the front, and they barely showed the audience up close anyways.....booooooooooooooooooo.

I wouldnt let anybody that wasnt a true fan in the door...I know this is standard practice but it bothers me :)

Yeah, they told us the first pen would have hand selected audience members, and I know it happens, but it just really stinks when you have to witness it yourself. My friend said really loud, if you don't know every word to wrong you will be pushed to the back of the crowd, and the girl said to her man, I don't know the lyrics- she sounded worried....hahahaha.

The finall numbers were about 15,000 people/fans showed up. That's pretty awesome!

I didnt really like the first single Wrong but the rest of the record is actually quite solid, definatly has that attitude Depeche Mode sound which is something that has been missing lately.

the same thing happened to me at a different concert. it was kind of a red zone sort of thing where you basically pay through the nose for really great tickets. i was second row, front and center. i kept noticing no one was in front of us until right before the show started. it was these three girls who were apparently sitting on the lawn until someone pulled them to come sit up front. :| i paid probably ten times as much for my seats than they did but since they were hot...and the worst part is after all that fuss (the show was taped) it's still yet to see the light of day nearly four years later. i did have a great time and they weren't super annoying once the show started, but it was just the principle of the thing.

Dave got severe gastroenteritis, food poisoning. Must have had a bad birthday dinner :( Poor guy. Hope he recovers quickly!!! He, of all people, needs to stay hydrated since he exerts so much energy at every show. I could see him being out at least a week.

Dave got severe gastroenteritis, food poisoning. Must have had a bad birthday dinner :( Poor guy. Hope he recovers quickly!!! He, of all people, needs to stay hydrated since he exerts so much energy at every show. I could see him being out at least a week.

:yes:

Last I heard/read, his only vice these days is cigarettes, and that was a few years ago so he may have quit since then. Other than that, he is completely sober, into health foods and drinks, does yoga and pilates regularly . . . basically he really takes care of himself these days. And you can tell! When I saw them at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, we were first up to the rail and let me tell you . . . that man's body is AMAZING! I've never seen such flawless, alabaster skin from a torso up. Plus, he's a good 15 years older than me and in about a million times better shape! :jealous:

Depeche Mode have been forced to cancel a further four shows on their Sounds of the Universe tour due to further complications from singer Dave Gahan's severe bout of gastroenteritis. Dave is currently undergoing further tests.

Depeche Mode apologise to all their fans for this inconvenience and wish Dave a speedy recovery. Further information will be released in due course.

The following shows have been cancelled:

May 16th Bucharest, Romania, Izvor Park
May 18th Sofia, Bulgaria, Vasil Levski Stadium
May 20th Belgrade, Serbia, USCE Park
May 21st Zagreb, Croatia, Arena

Ticket holders for the above shows are advised to hold on to their tickets as an announcement will be made shortly in regard to rescheduled dates or final cancellation.

:sad: Get better Dave

:yes:

Last I heard/read, his only vice these days is cigarettes, and that was a few years ago so he may have quit since then. Other than that, he is completely sober, into health foods and drinks, does yoga and pilates regularly . . . basically he really takes care of himself these days. And you can tell! When I saw them at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, we were first up to the rail and let me tell you . . . that man's body is AMAZING! I've never seen such flawless, alabaster skin from a torso up. Plus, he's a good 15 years older than me and in about a million times better shape! :jealous:

Every tour he says he is going to stop smoking and it hasn't happened yet, he said it again when they were rehearsing for this tour. At least he is trying. I know he runs about 3-5 miles 5-6 days a week, perhaps not on tour, but the rest of the time. He does have some damage to some internal organs from the drug use back in the day, so he does have to be careful when he gets sick, from things like this, which is why they are doing extra testing, I am sure.

Been listening to Dave Gahan's second solo album Hourglass a lot of late, its quite good.

:worried:

They canceled their Polish show as well and, according to a Warsaw newspaper, the doctors have found bacteria in Dave that is usually present in patient's with colon cancer. :yikes: .

Hopefully, he just has a really bad case of that gastrointestinewhatchacallit and the doctors are just being overly cautious. Apparently, just because that bacteria is present does not automatically mean there's colon cancer. :pray:

Google Translate

:worried:

They canceled their Polish show as well and, according to a Warsaw newspaper, the doctors have found bacteria in Dave that is usually present in patient's with colon cancer. :yikes: .

Hopefully, he just has a really bad case of that gastrointestinewhatchacallit and the doctors are just being overly cautious. Apparently, just because that bacteria is present does not automatically mean there's colon cancer. :pray:

Google Translate

That Warsaw article is a rumor. The Polish show HAS been cancelled. No health statement or information has been public, everything has been rumor. Rumors have ranged from what has been released with gasteroenteritis to Dave is dead, the cancer thing has been floating around for the last week, too. Official info from Live Nation is as follows:

Doctors have advised that more time is needed to allow singer, Dave Gahan, to fully recover from his recent illness and ensure that the tour can resume shortly. Depeche Mode apologize to all their fans for this inconvenience and wish Dave a speedy recovery. Ticket holders above for the show are advised to hold onto their tickets, as an announcement will be made shortly with regard to whether the date will be rescheduled, or canceled altogether.

Depeche Mode regret to announce that they are forced to cancel a further three shows on their "Tour of the Universe". Doctors have advised that more time is needed to allow singer, Dave Gahan, to fully recover from his recent illness and ensure that the tour can resume shortly.

Depeche Mode apologise to all their fans for this inconvenience and wish Dave a speedy recovery.

The following additional shows have been cancelled:

MAY
Sat 23 - Warsaw, Poland, Gwardia Stadium
Mon 25 - Riga, Latvia, Skonto Stadium
Wed 27 - Vilnius, Lithuania, Zalgiris Stadium

Ticket holders for the above shows are advised to hold onto their tickets, as an announcement will follow soon with regard to either new rescheduled concert dates, or their final cancellation.

Dave's brother implied that London at O2 will be his first show back, but I guess it depends on his recovery - hoping Dave recovers quickly and well!

Back
Top Bottom