Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway, "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" would be a lot more affecting live if every single girl in there didn't insist on singing along at the top of their lungs. I thought it was a great song way back when, but ubiquity has killed it for me. "Scientist Studies" was my favorite song of the night. Just epic.

Or every teenage loner who learns how to play it on their acoustic guitar and sing it in the grass at a picnic lunch. Yep, fucking thing sucks!

There's a guy I'm friends with at work who has it as his ring tone for his wife. I've yet to have the heart to tell him how incredibly cliche and cheesy it is as a ring tone.

I actually think "What Sarah Said" is the better song about a loved one dying. It just feels a lot less forced. "Follow" is a nice enough song, but it's fairly obvious and feels contrived, like it accomplished its goal when it accumulated the audience it did.

As far as affecting goes, though, it doesn't really get better than "Transatlanticism." They really nail it live every time. At risk of sounding like one of the crying girls during "Follow," "Transatlanticism" last night was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life, as my ex who I plan on never talking to again held my hand for the duration.

I actually think "What Sarah Said" is the better song about a loved one dying. It just feels a lot less forced. "Follow" is a nice enough song, but it's fairly obvious and feels contrived, like it accomplished its goal when it accumulated the audience it did.

As far as affecting goes, though, it doesn't really get better than "Transatlanticism." They really nail it live every time. At risk of sounding like one of the crying girls during "Follow," "Transatlanticism" last night was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life, as my ex who I plan on never talking to again held my hand for the duration.

"Follow" sounds like something John Mayer would write, which adds a whole new layer of comedy to it.

"Passenger Seat" is the one that destroys me, but I can see Tranny being epic live.

On top of that, I consider The Postal Service album to be better than anything Death Cab's ever put out. Good thing we'll see a follow-up to that soon...

"Passenger Seat" did the same for me with my high school girlfriend, who I didn't realize has Plans written all over her until they played "Yr Heart is an Empty Room" for the second song last night.

But yeah, "Transatlanticism" last night. That sucked.

And, yeah, I saw a picture of him recently and he still looks insanely skinny. Especially compared to how he used to look. It's almost hard to tell that it's him.

EDIT - Found it!

gallery_enlarged-death_cab_for_cutierimac_arena10.jpg

:shocked:

I am still looking for him in that picture.

They're apparently on Conan tonight. Will Ben look normal or like a freak show?

Did that EP get a physical release, or was it digital only? I've still not seen it anywhere.

Yes. And I hope they play "Little Bribes." That song rules.

Hey! They did play "Little Bribes." All because of me. And it was awesome. I like that song more than the majority of Narrow Stairs. And Mr. Deschanel is still skinny, but he sounded really good.

Would that even be considered a concept album if it actually happens?

They'd need some wizards, gnomes, and golems n' shit.

Back
Top Bottom