Deap Vally - Sistrionix (June 24th)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pete-campbell.jpg

If we buy the CD, do we get a bonus track when we tell them Laz sent us?

July 2 in the US, I believe.

That's what Amazon and others are saying is the release date for the import. And iTunes UK is still showing it as a pre-order with a release on July 2nd.

But if that was the actual U.S. release date, there would be a lot more advertising and a price that's in line with the norm.

My sources are telling me early September for the U.S., which seems like an odd move. Won't a lot of people just DL it for free if they have to wait two extra months to get it legally?

I guess the record company feels they need to tour more in the U.S. first, but I thought that's what the festival shows were for.

I don't know what harm it would do to have the record in stores before the tour. It does seem stupid to have different release windows in different territories in the internet age.

I pre-ordered the deluxe version from WOW HD. It's supposed to ship on Friday. They're a little slow but I'll definitely get it before September.

You can tell the girls you have racked up one sale, Laz. :D

That final track is so dark compared to everything preceding it. Really raw and bluesy. The Glastonbury perf of it gave me chills.

Any favorites yet, DB?

I don't want to encourage inappropriate downloading, but I don't think the U.S. folks should have to wait to hear this album.

You could always put the CD money towards seeing their live show. Or buying it once it does come out.

I think you'll like this one, GAF.

That final track is so dark compared to everything preceding it. Really raw and bluesy. The Glastonbury perf of it gave me chills.

Any favorites yet, DB?

End of the World and Lies so far.

This album is like a throwback to some of the great 80's female-vocalist-lead bands (the Pretenders, Heart, Joan Jet) but with a harder edge. Bit of a Sleater-Kinney influence in there too.

They're playing at the Lowlands festival next week. So what's the reason I should see them? Is it because someone on Interference is their pimp?

If you want to see two girls make a lot of noise and rock the fuck out, then go.

Imperor was a convert after he saw them at Bonnaroo.

So I want to say how much I enjoyed their set at Osheaga on Aug. 3.

When they walked on stage, I heard a few audible gasps and a couple of "wow" from people who didn't know what the band looked like and weren't sure what to expect. By the end of their set, they were saying wow for a different reason.

And what made their performance all the more impressive is that, as they mentioned a few times, they were added to the lineup just two days prior. That means they played Lolla on Friday and then flew to Montreal later that night for their first ever show in Canada. It was so rushed that they played Osheaga without their regular gear, although no one would have noticed if they hadn't mentioned it.

Amazing, amazing show last night, and the best I've ever seen them play. They really rose to the occasion of being back home with I'm guessing a good number of industry people in the audience. Played every song off the new album, as well as a couple outtakes. I think there was only one officially released track that didn't get a turn.

Apparently Mick Jagger's daughter (if he has more than one, I'm not sure which) is a new convert, and Mick almost made it to one of the shows recently, so there will hopefully be an update on that front.

The gals have no time to relax back at home, as they leave for Austria today. It never ends.

Someone posted a vid that represents the show pretty well:

Deap Vally "Bad For My Body" @ Troubadour (Aug 2013) Live HD - YouTube

I've only been to one show in San Diego, and it was at Cane's for Pavement, if I'm not mistaken.

Imperor better be checking out one of those THREE Austin shows.

Back
Top Bottom