De La Soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of 3 Feet High And Rising, but after receiving De La Soul Is Dead in the mail yesterday and giving it a couple of listens, I'm certain that these guys are probably my favorite rap group ever, or at least up there. Not only did they manage an incredible debut, but DLSID has more depth and sophistication, with stronger lyrics and plenty of humor to spare.

Not sure where to go from here. I've heard 2004's Grind Date is very good. :hmm:

De La Soul are one of those few rap groups that have a shelf life. You could take that album out, play it, enjoy it and wish they did shit like that in 2008. They didn't waste their time talking about bitches, ho's or killing people. :up:

old school rap & hip hop :drool:

Mirror mirror on the wall
Tell me mirror what is wrong?
Can it be my De La Clothes
Or is it just my De La Soul

:dance:

I love 3 Feet High but haven't heard anything else.

In my parallel universe, I own De La Soul is Dead, but not 3 Foot High and Rising. No fear - I certainly enjoy the former and will definitely buy the latter next time I see it for less than twenty dollars.

For the uninitiated, this is a good collection:

415KK4ZEWQL._SS500_.jpg

I owned 3 Feet and DLS Is Dead when they came out...on cassette...and I absolutely love those albums. But I never figured out where to go from there either with De La Soul. Those two albums are considered classics by most old school rap fans, but no one ever mentions any of their other works as being up to par with those two. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom