DB's Hi-Rez Audio Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, I forgot how disappointing that one turned out to be.

I finally bit the bullet and decided to buy a Blu-ray drive so that I can rip Blu-ray audio. I picked this up from Best Buy this week.

BP50NB40_with%20Disc.jpg

So first of all, Blu-ray playback works just fine on a Mac. I just had to download a player called (duh) Blu-ray Player, and I get perfectly smooth playback on my computer. No "bag of hurt."

I also bought the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion box set, which contains the album on Blu-ray in 5.1 and stereo lossless 24/96.

I downloaded MakeMKV, which is necessary to decrypt Blu-ray, and the newest version of DVD Audio Extractor. I created a decrypted disc image with MakeMKV and then ripped the stereo 24/96 audio from the disc image with DVD-A Extractor. Worked like a charm. I now have a lossless high-res version of DSOTM in iTunes and on my Pono.

I just ordered Exile on Main Street and Back to Black on Blu-ray Audio, which are another couple of albums that aren't available in high-res in any other format.

I'm also going to try ripping some Blu-ray movies with MakeMKV and Handbrake so that I can watch them on my iPad when I travel.

Back
Top Bottom