David Cook Self Titled Album - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #16
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Wow, I must have been in a shitty mood at 8:31 this morning. I don't know why I typed this. That was pretty rude. Apologies from me to you Annie if you ever see this.
That's ok Don't worry about it' If there's one person who should know about writing messages when you're in a bad mood it's me.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Annie View Post
What did you all think of his version of ISHFWILF?
Honestly? I don't even remember it!

Quote:
Wasn't Jennifer Hudson a contestant on there because she has as well?
Yes, she was a contestant on season 2 (or maybe it was 3). She made it to the top 7 or 8. Honestly, she was completely over the top all the time. No denying she had a good, powerful voice, but it was a bit much.

Quote:
And maybe we don't like all the shouting and yelping that I saw Fantasia do over the show this season.
I thought Fantasia was interesting and definitely the best pick of the crop during the season she won, but wow, I can't even sit through her singing these days.

Simon made this face during her latest performance on the show:

That about sums it up, doesn't it?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Yeah, it was his first performance on Top 2 night. My favorite of that night, though, was his cover of "The World I Know"

Quote:

Best. gif. ever.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:

Yes, she was a contestant on season 2 (or maybe it was 3). She made it to the top 7 or 8. Honestly, she was completely over the top all the time. No denying she had a good, powerful voice, but it was a bit much.

I thought Fantasia was interesting and definitely the best pick of the crop during the season she won, but wow, I can't even sit through her singing these days.

Ye I remember that. I remember saying to mum the next day, that she did actually win the show. See, this is exactly why I so angry about about that MJB cover of One. As if yelping and shouting has anything to do with singing. I think the mum shouting at her spoilt brat in the supermarket was so great that she should release a record. She should do a cover of Imagine. Neither these two singers do well over here and that song only got so high because it was a famous song anyway.

Yes, I know what you mean when you said about being too much. It's the fairytale of everything I hate. This whole idea that singing all around the melody is sinimonous with emotion. I haven't head much of Jennifer's singing to really comment on her but I hate the way Mariah and in particular Christina Aguilira sing. I had to leave the shop I was in the other day because I couldn't stand her song they were playing with her wailing. Neither are a patch on Whitney, I never thought she oversang. Turns out they were playing her new Best Of album. Voice of The century? I'd give that to Alicia Keys, her voice is truly stunning, I don't feel she oversings. Joss Stone has a better voice. What do you think of our little Leona Lewis? he has a better voice then Christina in my opinion.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Leona Lewis has a really lovely voice and doesn't do all the oversinging, so that's good. I do like Bleeding Love, and her cover of Run is absolutely gorgeous, but other than that, I find her music rather dull so far.

I like a good number of Christina Aguilera's songs, and she's got an amazing voice, but she just ruins it with so much of that oversinging, melisma crap.

Tags
david cook