David Bowie: The next thread and the next thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you play Outside without the segues, it's a DAMN strong album. The music got a little overshadowed by the album's concept, I'd say.

You don't remember all those Christmases when your mama had to stand in the corner and pretend she was the tree.

Fucking hell the Bowie high-horse moralists have been so fucking annoying ever since his death.

In my view Gaga's Bowie thing was fun, but not much else. Don't think she got the chance to really show off her vocals and the Vegas-y vibe y'all are talking about was a bit off. So it was a shame. But it was still fun.

Some of you really haven't been to Vegas in a few years

I thought the Brit tribute was really well done. I didn't hate the Gaga tribute, but this was significantly better. The speeches by Annie Lennox and Gary Oldman were touching and having Bowie's band members play was a great move.

As for Lorde, I think she did a fantastic job. Another good pick, having someone Bowie whom Bowie had spoken of favorably. I liked that she went with a Thin White Duke look for the performance too.

I thought the Brit tribute was really well done. I didn't hate the Gaga tribute, but this was significantly better. The speeches by Annie Lennox and Gary Oldman were touching and having Bowie's band members play was a great move.

As for Lorde, I think she did a fantastic job. Another good pick, having someone Bowie whom Bowie had spoken of favorably. I liked that she went with a Thin White Duke look for the performance too.
Agreed, it was great.

Love Blackstar on vinyl. First Bowie album I've ever owned (besides greatest hits)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hahaha that might be the worst description for Shearwater I've ever seen.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom