David Bowie: The next thread and the next thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video's a riot, yeah. Great song too.

I do get that vibe. I think that's why there's only one song like Where Are We Now? But that's not gonna make me take him down from my pedestal.

It's an interesting mirror, "Where Are We Now?" To me, that song suggests that he does value his fans, but then you have all of these songs about the paparazzi and the people feeding them, and then a video like this and it certainly begins to shed a bit of light on more than just the heart attack being behind his absence.

But, damn, he looked good in that video. Not like, "oh look at that sexy man," good, but like, super healthy and not his age good.

The video's a riot, yeah. Great song too.

I do get that vibe. I think that's why there's only one song like Where Are We Now? But that's not gonna make me take him down from my pedestal.

Mofo will take you down from your pedestal with one expertly placed karate kick to the solar plexis

Does anyone get the impression from everything about this album that Bowie doesn't like the pedestal he's been put on?

If that's how he feels, he should support Tonight, Never Let Me Down, Hours and David Bowie 1967 on the next tour instead of The Next Day.

Bowie is looking younger than Gary Oldman.

This song is the one i get the Scary Monsters vibe more than any other.

And, yes, i'm still listening to it everyday.

9.20pm tomorrow, 26th May, in the UK the documentary, David Bowie 5 Years,by will be shown on BBC 2, followed by a screening of TMWFTE.

Cool video... not sure the difference between his eyes has ever been so obvious!

I'm going to revisit this album tomorrow in light of the Bowie stylings found on the new QOTSA album. I've neglected it a bit. Stars Are Out Tonight is one of the songs of the year.

I've also not heard any heard anything of his after Lodger :reject:

Apparently Mr. Bowie is the bookies favourite for this years Mercury music prize Album of the year, by quite a margin too, looking at those odds. But this was from April, so who knows.

David Bowie The Next Day is bookies' tip for 2013 Mercury Music Prize

Seven months in advance, odds are released

David Bowie The Next Day is bookies' tip for 2013 Mercury Music Prize

David Bowie's The Next Day album is the favourite for this year's Mercury Music Prize - despite us only being three months into 2013 and the annual award being another seven months away.

Early odds have been released by Paddy Power, which names Bowie with odds of just 7/2, followed by Foals, as hot favourite to win this year's award. Other popular picks include Opposites by Biffy Clyro and The Wolf's Law by The Joy Formidable, while as-yet unreleased albums by Laura Marling, Chvrches and Goldfrapp also make the list.

The full list of Mercury Music Prize odds are as follows:

7/2 David Bowie (The Next Day)
14/1 Foals (Holy Fire)
16/1 Laura Marling (TBA)
16/1 Biffy Clyro (Opposites)
20/1 The Joy Formidable (Wolf's Law)
20/1 Chvrches (TBA)
20/1 Tom Odell (Long Way Down)
25/1 Everything Everything (Arc)
25/1 Hurts (Exile)
25/1 Noah & The Whale (Heart Of Nowhere)
33/1 I Am Kloot (Let It All In)
33/1 Stereophonics (Graffiti On The Train)
33/1 The Savages (Silence Yourself)
33/1 Alice Russell (To Dust)
40/1 New Order (Lost Sirens)
40/1 Goldfrapp (TBA)
40/1 Suede (Bloodsports)
50/1 Example (The Evolution Of Man)
50/1 Johnny Marr (The Messenger)
50/1 Bullet For My Valentine (Temper, Temper)
80/1 Courteeners (ANNA)

Ha, Chvrches already getting odds. Such unbelievable levels of hype around that band, so little to back it up.

Finally got around to listening this. Hearing Bowie jammed to the back of the mix in every track broke my heart. Very happy that he put out new material; it's a shame that it's a shade of his last two records, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom