David Bowie: The next thread and the next thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary Monsters. I mean, I don't know, I've never even listened to The Next Day. But if you want a shit hot rock and roll record, then yes, Scary Monsters.

Blackstar leaked.

OK, we already had four of the tracks in some form or another, but the remaining 3 tracks leaked.

It's a vinyl rip but the stylus and record itself was obviously very clean as there are few pops, just a bit compressed sounding is all. Good enough to make a judgment on, especially at 320.

I absolutely adore it already. It's, sadly, a somewhat short album but unbelievably fresh and inspired. Flat out better than The Next Day, which was very good but a bit long and too conservative overall. This is the exact opposite in every way.

Cobbler is going to love I Can't Give Everything Away; its harmonica and weightless feel sounds straight out of A New Career in a New Town.

Last edited:
Blackstar leaked.

OK, we already had four of the tracks in some form or another, but the remaining 3 tracks leaked.

It's a vinyl rip but the stylus and record itself was obviously very clean as there are few pops, just a bit compressed sounding is all. Good enough to make a judgment on, especially at 320.

I absolutely adore it already. It's, sadly, a somewhat short album but unbelievably fresh and inspired. Flat out better than The Next Day, which was very good but a bit long and too conservative overall. This is the exact opposite in every way.

Cobbler is going to love I Can't Give Everything Away; its harmonica and weightless feel sounds straight out of A New Career in a New Town.

Illegal downloading sucks.

Oh man. Nearly cried just reading this. That song....

I haven't listened to Lazarus but I loved Blackstar.

I haven't listened to Lazarus

hqdefault.jpg

As some one that has been kicking around longer that most all of you here I caught most of these legends on their way up. Saw Bowie in the late 70s and early 80s. Huge fan of that Bowie. But wow this Black Star is so legit, amazing to have an artist still connecting, there are still a handful that can do it from that era, Bowie is one, so many have watered down their product because there are plenty of fans to lap it up.

Anyways I started boxing up my vinyl, I plan a move after being in the same spot for 28 years. I knew I had most of the early Bowie LPs, but I found a few singles I forgot I owned. Here is one.

Heroes.jpg

back.jpg

thanks for letting me share before the dementia takes over completely

Last edited:
As some one that has been kicking around longer that most all of you here I caught most of these legends on their way up. Saw Bowie in the late 70s and early 80s. Huge fan of that Bowie. But wow this Black Star is so legit, amazing to have an artist still connecting, there are still a handful that can do it from that era, Bowie is one, so many have watered down their product because there are plenty of fans to lap it up.

Anyways I started boxing up my vinyl, I plan a move after being in the same spot for 28 years. I knew I had most of the early Bowie LPs, but I found a few singles I forgot I owned. Here is one.

thanks for letting me share before the dementia takes over completely

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom