David Bowie: The next thread and the next thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got to see the actual play, but I did attend a performance with an orchestra while video of the play was on the screen. It was with the original cast, which was cool. Fully agree with everything cobbler said. I’d add that I thought Love is Lost and Always Crashing in the Same Car were excellent performances.

I hope they release a video recording of the play at some point. I’d definitely like to see it again. It feels like it needs multiple viewings to get through its layers, as Bowie’s best works usually do.

Scary Monsters continues racing its way up my Bowie rankings. Will need to spin all the albums through to come up with one, but Scary Monsters is so underrated.

A few random thoughts about Bowie:

1. Carlos Alomar is an amazing, inventive guitarist. How many people would even recognize the name, yet he is one of the best ever.

2. Low is a Rushmore album for me all-time. You can hear several genres being born in that album.

3. Bring Me the Disco King is a Rushmore Bowie track for me. I love love that dark jazz vibe he has going on in that song.

Anyone heard this? Apparently it was a remix commissioned for a mobile phone or something in 2013. Takes the original vocals and strips the music, replacing it with a new piano piece. I'd love to just hear those isolated vocals. This is really, really lovely.

Anyone heard this? Apparently it was a remix commissioned for a mobile phone or something in 2013. Takes the original vocals and strips the music, replacing it with a new piano piece. I'd love to just hear those isolated vocals. This is really, really lovely.

Nice piece!
The lower vocals do sound more recent though, more mature.

When I saw Dunk had the most recent post I got my hopes up that Bowie Survivor was concluding.

Fitting that you have the 1,000th post.

Seems odd to make a new thread for a dead guy who won't be actively putting out any new material, not sure what the protocol is here.

Seems odd to make a new thread for a dead guy who won't be actively putting out any new material, not sure what the protocol is here.

I say somebody should do it. I feel like Bowie has commanded enough respect and love over the years here on the Blue Crack to suggest that there will continue to be interest in discussing his work going forward.

Prince still has a thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom