David Bowie survivor - FINAL THREE take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favourite song.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Whoops, haven't done that in a while.

In a massive result last round, both Young Americans (finally) and Moonage Daydream were knocked out of the competition, tying on five votes apiece.

And now we have just three songs remaining. This is the penultimate poll before the final.

So, vote for your least favourite of these three amazing songs, and please tell us why.

All of these songs are fantastic.

I'm going with Life on Mars though. No real particular reason since, again, they're all fantastic. I guess at this point it's just that I don't love Bowie's vocals from the early albums as much.

Ugh, making me pick between children :(.

Station to Station. Life on Mars? and Heroes are my two favorite Bowie songs.

Station to Station for me. Stellar track, and the third part, where it turns into a fully-fledged dance track, is some of my favourite music ever made.

But Station to Station doesn't move me emotionally like "Heroes" and Life on Mars? do.

I admire Station To Station more than love it.

And I think it works better as an album experience rather than just picking tracks off it.

^ I think that's why there were more early 70s tracks than later 70s in these rounds, because it's much easier to pick individual tracks off the likes of Ziggy, Aladdin Sane, Hunky Dory etc than it is from Station to Station, Low, etc, because those albums function extraordinarily well as "album experiences", more so I think than Ziggy etc, as good as those albums are.

Life on Mars. Station to Station covers more artistic ground in ten minutes than the vast majority of bands do in an entire career, and as a precursor to the stellar Berlin stuff, it's relevance factor is gigantic. A great and important song. I'm not over the moon about Heroes, but the fact that it is so engrained in my head shouldn't detract from how brilliant it is. The riff is timeless but also unconventional, and the jaunty instrumentation disguises what is a pretty melancholic song quite well. There are layers of rewards there, even if I don't think it's the best song on its own album, no less in Bowie's entire catalogue.

Listening to "Heroes" and Life on Mars?, that is going to be an extremely tough choice for me, unless Life on Mars? gets a few late votes here.

Back
Top Bottom