David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Cactus on Heathen, a real crank it up and roll down the windows on a summer drive kinda tune.

Favorites:
Low
Scary Monsters
Station to Station
Lodger
and Aladdin Sane

Span Space Oddity today... opinions people?

i thought it was pretty ordinary. Space Oddity is far and away the best track, there's value in Memory of a Free Festival though.

wasn't overly impressed with Cygnet Committee... i got the impression it was about religion?

Span Space Oddity today... opinions people?

i thought it was pretty ordinary. Space Oddity is far and away the best track, there's value in Memory of a Free Festival though.

wasn't overly impressed with Cygnet Committee... i got the impression it was about religion?

I'd argue it's one of his three or four best albums. Space Oddity, Unwashed, Cygnet, and Memory of a Free Festival are all stellar tracks, and I really don't dislike anything on the album.

The live version of Moonage Daydream from the Ziggy live film is the epitome of greatness.

that film is great. With the use of ode to joy playing before and after the concert. The way it was used in clockwork orange comes to mind. Yea, this wasn't a influence on Marylin Manson or anything. A edgy,scary,unsettling,epic masterpiece.

i'll come around to it, i'm sure. letter to hermione is pretty good too, i heard ricky gervais considers it his favourite bowie song.

it's immediately better than lodger, i'll give it that.

anything really worth getting outside of space oddity/hunky dory/ziggy/aladdin sane/low/heroes/lodger/station to station?

i'll come around to it, i'm sure. letter to hermione is pretty good too, i heard ricky gervais considers it his favourite bowie song.

anything really worth getting outside of space oddity/hunky dory/ziggy/aladdin sane/low/heroes/lodger/station to station?

Scary Monsters?

Any of his other albums from the '70s, like Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, or The Man Who Sold the World, the aformentioned Scary Monsters, and his last two efforts: Heathen and Reality.

Get to it.

Any of his other albums from the '70s, like Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, or The Man Who Sold the World, the aformentioned Scary Monsters, and his last two efforts: Heathen and Reality.

Get to it.

will do sir. he's now moved into outright second artist in terms of albums owned by me, behind U2.

I'M RAVING MAD AND SOMEWHAT SLIGHTLY DAZED

Man Who Sold The World > most Bowie albums. It's the most fun anyway, outside of Ziggy. By no means skip that one over.

will do sir. he's now moved into outright second artist in terms of albums owned by me, behind U2.

I'M RAVING MAD AND SOMEWHAT SLIGHTLY DAZED

His streak of albums from '69 to '80 will do that to you. The amount of quality material he put out during that time is almost unprecedented.

here's hoping he comes down under one day soon...

any plans for a new bowie album? been seven odd years yes?

For all intents and purposes, it seems that he's retired. He had health problems come up during the tour for Reality, and he has really done little since.

sad to hear. :(

gave Station to Station a spin too, it's your favourite album if i recall correctly?

it's going to be a grower. Stay was probably my favourite of the lot.

i was very interested reading up on it though - he says he doesn't remember making the album he was that drug-addled?

you or anyone else know where i can read more about the Thin White Duke and that whole time?

Yeah apprently he read that he released an album in the news paper, he was so druged up he had no idea he made one.

There is a forum on Teenage Wildlife...if you google that you will get it, search through and you might find some intresting stuff. :)

Bowie's been seen out and about in the past month or so...so who knows what the man is cooking up.

It's a shame the the BDO rummors turned out not to be true.

Yeah there was here in Sydney, Tripple J sparked the rummours...but nothing ever happened.
There was talk about him just coming to do the sydney show.
I think it was more to entice an older group of people, or just to teach the bloody ravers a thing or two about one of the best artists who has ever walked the planet. lol

sad to hear. :(

gave Station to Station a spin too, it's your favourite album if i recall correctly?

it's going to be a grower. Stay was probably my favourite of the lot.

i was very interested reading up on it though - he says he doesn't remember making the album he was that drug-addled?

you or anyone else know where i can read more about the Thin White Duke and that whole time?

Station to Station is my favorite Bowie album, yes.

I don't remember where I've read about it, but I know he was pretty much on coke constantly throughout the process and hallucinated a lot. He was also fascinated by the occult at the time. He did weird shit with candles and hieroglyphics in the studio.

It was also when he was working on the movie The Man Who Fell to Earth, which is an experience unto itself.

damn straight. i am somewhat of a "bloody raver" but at least i know the real good shit.

:lol: it's okay, im a bit of a bloody raver as well :D

The man who fell to earth is well...quite an experience...quite a memroble scence...:reject:

But nothing will ever beat Labyrinth...Dance magic Dance :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom