David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try really hard to hang on to my FYE store credit until March so I can get the bonus track version on Mar12...

Earl Slick has apparently hinted there may be some live dates;

"It's kind of like doing the record. I wouldn't be surprised if he toured and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't tour... I know I would like a tour to happen!"

Make of that what you will, but just 4 weeks ago most of us thought we'd never hear new material from him again, so, you never know, stranger things have happened.

Strange but true, any year ending in 3 always seems to be a big year for Bowie,
1973, first UK No.1 LP, Aladdin Sane, Bowie spent over 170 weeks on UK album chart in '73.
1983 another No.1 LP, Lets Dance, on the strength of that album, & the Serious Moonlight tour, Bowie accumulated nearly 200 weeks on the UK album chart, at one point an incredible 10 Bowie albums featured in a then top 100 album chart.
1993 another UK no.1 LP, Black Tie, White Noise, to date his last UK No.1, also the Singles Collection entered the top 10 late in the year.
2003 Reality reaches no.3 in the UK, & the Reality tour becomes one of his most successful world tours ever
2013 Where Are We Now is his first UK top 10 hit since 1993, The Next Day will be released in March, will it become his 9th UK No.1 LP? & will he play live?????

Seeing as how Let's Dance and Black Tie are among his weakest albums, that numerology you're selling doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I was just reading the stellar wiki article on Station to Station and yeah, this is definitely the best paragraph on the site:

According to biographer David Buckley, the Los Angeles-based Bowie, fuelled by an "astronomic" cocaine habit and subsisting on a diet of peppers and milk, spent much of 1975–76 "in a state of psychic terror".[1] Stories—mostly from one interview, pieces of which found their way into Playboy and Rolling Stone—circulated of the singer living in a house full of ancient-Egyptian artefacts, burning black candles, seeing bodies fall past his window, having his semen stolen by witches, receiving secret messages from The Rolling Stones, and living in morbid fear of fellow Aleister Crowley aficionado Jimmy Page.[2] Bowie would later say of L.A., "The fucking place should be wiped off the face of the earth".[4]

I've lived in LA for a combined 12 years or so and while I obviously do live in fear of Jimmy Page and have seen a shit ton of bodies fall past various windows, no witches have tried to steal my semen. That I know of, at least.

BBC are planning a Spring full of Bowie related programmes for both TV & Radio, May 13th, BBC 2 are to show a feature length profile of Bowie, the show has a working title, David Bowie - Five Years, & will focus on 5 critical years in his career, '71,'75,'77,'80, & '83, before bringing the show up to date with his latest album.
The show will feature an extraordinary wealth of unseen archive footage of Bowie, & will feature interviews with some of his closest collaborators, & the musicians involved with the new LP.
More information on BOWIEWONDERWORLD.

Age does that.

adam-clayton-1_114_1142346a_zps8e48ab08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom