David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For slightly less strange Bowie acting, watch him as TESLAAAAAAAA! in The Prestige.

july29.jpg

"I add only one suggestion on using the machine: destroy it. Drop it to the bottom of the deepest ocean. Such a thing will bring you only misery..."

Bowie's slight German accent makes this passage awesome.

A long time ago, me and my friends were in Burma...

"I add only one suggestion on using the machine: destroy it. Drop it to the bottom of the deepest ocean. Such a thing will bring you only misery..."

Bowie's slight German accent makes this passage awesome.

A long time ago, me and my friends were in Burma...

Bowie gave you a little something with the accent there, but that passage would have been awesome regardless.

Speaking of accents, I think my favorite minor trend in film is how Tom Cruise doesn't do any accents other than his own.

Bowie gave you a little something with the accent there, but that passage would have been awesome regardless.

Speaking of accents, I think my favorite minor trend in film is how Tom Cruise doesn't do any accents other than his own.

Of course, Mistah Ang-ee-ah.

Doesn't he try a Southern accent in Days of Thunder? Either way, you're pretty much right.

Actually, Cruise had a measured, generic European dialect in Interview With the Vampire. Subtle, but there none the less.

And I could be mistaken, but didn't he try something in Far and Away?

Another Bowie movie that is really quite amazing is 'Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence' its about an english soldier being held captive in a Japanese POW camp.
The role that Bowie played is one of the best acting gig's he has ever had.

You might want to watch Bowie as a Vampire...in 'The Hunger' with Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve. (Kinda of an odd movie, might be a bit hard to track town.)

My next bowie movie find is Absolute Beginners, you might have better luck in finding it in Melb. I can't seem to even track down a bookshop that sells the book.

wasn't he in zoolander as well?

i've said to numerous people that whilst i'm straight, i'd have to think twice before knocking back bowie.

i hope he never dies.

Oh yeah, his part in Zoolander is really random.

even though the man is old enough to be my grandfather he is soo damn sexy. :lol: But shh don't tell anyone :reject:

Bowie's entrance in The Prestige is one of my top favorite movie entrances for an actor ever.

Oh that was a great moment when I saw it in the theater, all this whispering going about in the theater as people started to realize who he was. He didn't look himself really, due to the pounds he'd put on after the heart attack :(. It was during some close up that I got a good look at his eyes when I finally had that :shocked:

my brother requested ziggy stardust for christmas. i cried happy tears.

So I'm seated at Wembley with U2 about to take the stage...but shit, man, what is this song?

Since then I've been hooked. Space oddity is incredible special to me. Every time, tingles down the spine, remembering sitting there at my first concert ever. Bowie and U2! whoa!

Alladin sane, with 'dark side of the moon' by pink floyd and 'The doors', is one of my all time favourites. I'm getting his reality tour DVD for christmas :applaud:

It's like Bowie hasn't made any music since 1980.

You'd think Boner would have a little respect for Earthling, the Eno-produced Outside, Heathen, etc. considering what they were doing themselves in the 90's.

What is that supposed to mean?

We are talking about one of the guys involved with Cockengers, not to mention some of the tracks on The Unforgettable Liar. He's no stranger to stuff off the beaten path in his own work.

It's like Bowie hasn't made any music since 1980.

You'd think Boner would have a little respect for Earthling, the Eno-produced Outside, Heathen, etc. considering what they were doing themselves in the 90's.

Would you include any songs post-Monsters among his top fifteen or twenty? I know that I certainly would not.

Yes.

All of these wouldn't necessarily make it but they would certainly contend:

Outside
Hallo Spaceboy
Strangers When We Meet

Earthling
Little Wonder

Heathen (I personally think this is in Bowie's Top 5 albums)
Sunday
Slow Burn
Slip Away
5:15 The Angels Have Gone
Heathen (The Rays)

Reality
She'll Drive the Big Car
Fall Dog Bombs the Moon
Bring Me the Disco King (this is definitely in my Top 10 Bowie songs)

What is that supposed to mean?

We are talking about one of the guys involved with Cockengers, not to mention some of the tracks on The Unforgettable Liar. He's no stranger to stuff off the beaten path in his own work.

U2 certainly has gone into that terrain but Bono bashes progressive music all the time especially after NLOTH. While I am aware of the contradiction there it always seems that publically Bono bashes that sort of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom