Daniel Lanois' Black Dub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Didn't see a post for this new band, features Danny on guitar and vocals, Trixie Whitely on lead vocal and keys/guitar, Darryl Johnson on bass, and - oh yes - Brian Blade on drums.

this is going to be a killer album, if and when it gets a release. these people bleed musicianship.

they've been posting rehearsal video on youtube and daniellanois.com

Ring the Alarm :drool:
YouTube - "Black Dub" in the studio - "Ring the Alarm"

Silverado
YouTube - "Black Dub" in the studio - "Silverado"

Nomad Knows
YouTube - "Black Dub" in the studio - "Nomad Knows"

Whoa, I didn't know he had a new band, I'm under a rock. Release plans???

nothing yet - all that's happened have been a couple shows, and these clips released through his website.. we're all under a rock!

the reviews for the shows have been insanely good. people there were so lucky.. the drums.. lanois' guitar playing :drool:

the good news for the rest of us is that he's been posting these live clips at a fairly regular rate..

Daniel Lanois | Home

Considering the ridiculously lame fact that no one buys Lanois' albums, at least all the money he makes from U2 allows him to do stuff like this, the man is a killer musician.

If anyone has some mp3's they want to pass my way, they'd be my hero...

johnnygossamer@gmail.com

no mp3s, I'm afriad..

but, I emailed his record co., Red Floor Records, and they told me the album will be out early 2010.. so, only a few more weeks... :up:

album cover:

9429_1060886261509_1806521519_125307_6636052_n.jpg

Exciting news!

--Although, gotta say the words on that image are poorly layered with the rest of the picture.

I went to see them last night at the Bowery Ballroom. It was a very good show, one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Lanois is a great guitar player, Brian Blade is probably one of the best drummers that has ever lived, Chris Thomas' bass was doing a million things at once, and Trixie Whitley has a very big and deep voice for such a young and small person. It was a lot of fun.

I went to see them last night at the Bowery Ballroom. It was a very good show, one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Lanois is a great guitar player, Brian Blade is probably one of the best drummers that has ever lived, Chris Thomas' bass was doing a million things at once, and Trixie Whitley has a very big and deep voice for such a young and small person. It was a lot of fun.

So cool to hear that, I watched the webcast and posted about it in the Random Music thread! It was a great show, from my perspective. Can't wait for them to tour this area.

There's a band promotion group that normally only advertises Christian rock and I was surprised to see this project promoted by them.

It sounds real good. Can't wait for the album.

Aww, I saw this thread come up and thought we might be getting the album announcement. :(

However, the video was quite entertaining.

I hope we don't have to start talking about a U2 curse.

Let's keep the "laid up for two months with injuries" list just down to two, okay?

Back
Top Bottom