Dalton Presents Everyone's Preliminary Top Albums of 2010 (too soon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
1. The Suburbs : Arcade Fire -
2. High Violet : The National -
3. Romance is Boring : Los Campesinos! -
4. Forgiveness Rock Record : Broken Social Scene -
5. All Day : Girl Talk -
6. The Social Network : Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross -
7. The Monitor : Titus Andronicus -
8. Best Bless EP : High Life -
9. Go : Jonsi -
10. My Twisted Dark Fantasy : Kanye West -

I haven't had time to do my write ups for the albums yet, but here they be.

React to me.

I've listened to five of the albums in your top ten (numbers 1-4 and 10). Four of those five albums are currently in my top ten (all but the BSS record), though I still have more to listen to.

1-4 and 6 would be in my top 10. The Suburbs my #1. This is Happening #2. Probably BSS at #3.

1. The Suburbs : Arcade Fire -
2. High Violet : The National -
3. Romance is Boring : Los Campesinos! -
4. Forgiveness Rock Record : Broken Social Scene -
7. The Monitor : Titus Andronicus -
10. My Twisted Dark Fantasy : Kanye West -

All of these place in my top 20 or so.

Didn't dig Gorillaz?

i'm wondering if high violet was the only album released in 2010 that i even heard. i think the street dogs put out an album that i didn't initially like, but then it grew on me, that was this year...otherwise, can't remember shit.

I love how this punk-ass barely shows his face around here anymore, and now he's creating official threads.

You can take your Top Ten and stick in your Bottom One.

Los Camp! :love:

i'm wondering if high violet was the only album released in 2010 that i even heard. i think the street dogs put out an album that i didn't initially like, but then it grew on me, that was this year...otherwise, can't remember shit.

Stop playing World of Warcraft and listen to music.

Heart 8/10 of those and they're all great :love:Dalton

I'm not quite ready to post my list yet

Stop playing World of Warcraft and listen to music.

i keep my game sound off so i can listen to music :angry: well, that and i keep the game sound off anything cos it usually annoys the crap out of me.
it's just that none of it is new.

1. The Black Keys: Brothers
2. Kanye West: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
3. Cee-Lo Green: The Lady Killer
4. Twin Shadow: Forget
5. The National: High Violet
6. Morning Benders: Big Echo
7. The Fresh & Onlys: Play It Strange
8. Deerhunter: Halcyon Digest
9. Surfer Blood: Astro Coast
10. Girls: Broken Dreams Club EP*

*might rise over time, but after two listens, it already bumped some other stuff.

1. Los Campesinos! - Romance is Boring
2. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
3. Superchunk - Majesty Shredding
4. Harlem - Hippies
5. The Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
6. Cotton Jones - Tall Hours in the Glowstream
7. Bettie Serveert - Pharmacy of Love
8. Fang Island - S/T
9. Stricken City - Songs About People I Know
10. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Special Mention: Bruce Springsteen - The Promise (the best thing I've heard this year, but can't really include it on a 2010 list)

This is just so when someone else makes a similar thread near the end of the year, Dalton can claim he was there first

i could probably make a half-decent list of top 10 albums i still need to get around to hearing/buying from 2010.

and then there's top 10 albums of 2010 that i think i should have liked way more than i did.

if i start threads for each of those lists, that would make me better than dalton! and the wrath of mods would rain down on me like hellfire....

Disappointment of the Year: Spoon, Transference.

Not a bad album by any stretch, but arguably the weakest of their entire career. I would MAYBE put it above Telephono, but I'd rather listen to the Soft Effects EP.

I LOVED it at the beginning of the year, but now it's dropped to #30 on the list.

Nothing disappointed me as much this year as probably Scratch My Back. I enjoy some of it, but it really didn't need to take the place of I/O, which is NEVER coming out, I finally realize.

Also disappointed by Ke$ha's EP and All Day, but uh, let's not go into that.

6. Cotton Jones - Tall Hours in the Glowstream

I know their lead singer. My mom is best friends with his, so I am occasionally asked what I think of his trajectory within the indie conscious. Frankly, I found his material with Page France really formulaic, so I hated being asked about it. What's the Cotton Jones stuff sound like? I really don't want it to suck.

What does it sound like? Read the Pitchfork review, I guess. Just sounds very old-school and retro to me (think Lanois' stuff on Time Out Of Mind, maybe? Swampy?), and if I had read that the singer was some 50 year-old dude I may have believed it.

All I can say is that I DLed it on their recommendation and was very impressed. Haven't heard any Page France so I can't make comparisons.

Funny you bring that up since I had "I Don't Want to Die" stuck in my head for a good while today. Not sure where it'd place on my list having not even come close to making one yet. If I do, Laz won't be the only one reppin' that Harlem LP.

I've listened to about 25 albums, but there's a lot still to go on my list. I'm ranking songs this year, too. First time for that.

Back
Top Bottom