Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This album also gives M83 a run for its money in terms of horrible lyrics. Something about the French, I suppose.

This album also gives M83 a run for its money in terms of horrible lyrics. Something about the French, I suppose.

Dance and astute lyricism have never really gone hand-in-hand.

The lyrics to One More Time are fairly insipid; the song is universally loved (unless you're djerdap).

What I'm trying to say is analysing lyrics in dance music is a waste of time.

I have never paid attention to the lyrics in M83 songs. So it's a bit like Bon Iver I gather? Lyrics that don't say anything but aren't horrible because of that.

The lyrics to One More Time are fairly insipid; the song is universally loved (unless you're djerdap).
I actually only found out a couple of weeks ago that One More Time was a Daft Punk song. :lol:

And I hate it as well.

I have never paid attention to the lyrics in M83 songs. So it's a bit like Bon Iver I gather? Lyrics that don't say anything but aren't horrible because of that.

Well I, and several others here, would argue that Justin Vernon is a damn good lyricist. You may not be able to understand anything he's singing, particularly on the self-titled, but rest assured, they're good lyrics.

I actually only found out a couple of weeks ago that One More Time was a Daft Punk song. :lol:

And I hate it as well.

Both of these sentences are reprehensible.

Ah, the good old "universally loved" argument. More like the universal subject of ridicule everywhere I went.

Dance and astute lyricism have never really gone hand-in-hand.

What I'm trying to say is analysing lyrics in dance music is a waste of time.

Point taken. At least One More Time is direct and relatable, though. The lyrics also are not the center point of the song. Then there's something like Touch, which ends with what I think is supposed to be a philosophical statement: "Sweet touch, you've almost convinced me I'm real." The prominence of that line in the song is what makes it so egregious.

Man this thing sounds absolutely incredible. Instantly one of my best sounding LPs. I haven't had a chance to listen to the album without headphones yet, so this has been a real treat.

I'll just keep playing back
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go, is moment shine

Wiping the sweat from my brow and downing another swig of the ice cold Twist Shandy, I take a moment to admire the lather snaking its way around the lines of my tan '71 firebird. The hot July afternoon sun burns my upper thighs and the rumble of kids on Big Wheels fills the humid air. Buttery tunes from the car stereo lubricate my ear drums and compete only with the slapping of water onto the driveway as it cascades from the hose. Leaning through the window and across the passenger seat, I turn the volume knob; my exposed stomach flesh momentarily burns on the still warm door panel. A trio of teenage girls rollerskate past. With my lower lip, I wring the shandy foam from my moustache and I take a deep, satisfying breath. One more sip from the hose and my thirst is quenched in the way only the musty taste of a garden hose can. "she's almost clean" I tell myself.

That's my fan fiction review of the song Fragments of Time. I dunno... I feel like it needs more hamsters

Point taken. At least One More Time is direct and relatable, though. The lyrics also are not the center point of the song. Then there's something like Touch, which ends with what I think is supposed to be a philosophical statement: "Sweet touch, you've almost convinced me I'm real." The prominence of that line in the song is what makes it so egregious.

Yes, good point. There's almost no music when he sings that line too, so it's definitely more pronounced.

Incidentally the way he sings "you've almost convinced me I'm real" reminds me of Roger Daltrey for some reason.

And I hate it as well.

I only found that out when it was on someone's (LM?) DI list not that long ago. I do not particularly care for it, either.

You know, for all the shit Lose Yourself to Dance has copped in reviews and whatnot, I fucking love it. Yeah it's repetitive, doesn't go anywhere, but I reckon it's catchy as fuck. Definitely one of my favourites on an admittedly disappointing album.

It, Giorgio By Moroder, Get Lucky, parts of Touch, Doin' it Right and Contact I love, the rest ranges from pretty awful to not bad.

Finally got this one. I'm late I know. Listened to it a couple of times. Giorgio By Moroder, Get Lucky, Fragments Of Time, Doin' It Right and Contact are already favourites! Contact is like straight out of Space Moon™.

ETA: Ohh.. Instant Crush was good too!

0QZECvw.jpg

I recently heard Human After All for the first time (I'm sure I'd heard Robot Rock somewhere along the line), and really enjoyed it. (or at least most of it)

Back
Top Bottom