Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Contact, that last track is something. I'd call the album "fun" more than "mindblowing" right now.

As somebody who feels that One More Time is one of the worst things ever, this is actually very listenable. The fact that they're playing live instruments helps matters.

One More Time is annoying and was everywhere back then.

Isn't this band supposed to be "fun"? Hardly the epitome of "art", since they were always cheesy as fuck.

I like what I heard just now though. That final track is very good.

As somebody who feels that One More Time is one of the worst things ever, this is actually very listenable. The fact that they're playing live instruments helps matters.

One More Time is annoying and it was everywhere, like a disease, back then.

Isn't this band supposed to be "fun"? Hardly the epitome of "art", since they were always cheesy as fuck.

I like what I heard just now though. That final track is very good.

I think part of my problem with the band has always been the way they've been treated as such an artsy band. They're pretty damn cheesy.

This album's pretty enjoyable. Haven't been able to finish it, work keeps picking up in bursts, but "Touch" is fantastic. Highlight for me so far.

Bah, I should have been patient and not listened to this at work. The last four tracks sound stellar on my car speakers.

As someone who feels that 'One More Time' is one of the greatest things ever (along with Homework, Discovery and Alive 2007), this is challenging.

It's going to take me a few listens.

Gotta agree here! I'm up to Touch (which is sensational) at the moment and can't help but feel just slightly disappointed. I knew it wasn't gonna be the Daft Punk album I was expecting/hoping for, so I'm sure it will grow on me. Similar guitar on a lot of the tracks.

Giorgio by Moroder is unbelievable, though. And Pharrell has more than made up for the horrible song he did with Tyler with Get Lucky and Lose Yourself To Dance so far.

So Touch absolutely rules, but when the music cut off just as it was reaching a climax resulted in crushing disappointment.

And Get Lucky is still as good as ever.

This album belongs in the time frame between 1977 - 1979.

The Giorgio Moroder track is very representative. Good album but with filler.

It was okay. The only other Daft Punk I've heard is Discovery. I did like 2 or 3 tracks (yes, including the last one), but probably won't buy it.

Ok, heard it twice now. Didn't get to hear the closer the first time, there was just too much distraction.

I definitely like this album a lot. I find the first 5 or 6 tracks kind of meh, but once Touch starts, I'm pretty much tuned in all the way though the rest. I'll have to go back and reacquaint myself with the early stuff. But, as I said, I don't recall caring overly much for them.

The first half is background music at best, but I like most of the second half, especially Motherboard. Overall not bad, but it doesn't make an strong a first impression as Discovery.

A warehouse around the corner from mine is playing the album in full on Friday night. The poster said "tickets on the door only"... so I didn't bother checking on Facebook.

Of course, they went on sale last night and sold out as of 15 minutes ago, when a mate alerted me to it. I'm usually so on top of this shit, and now I will probably be sitting at home twiddling my goddamn thumbs.

This record made me listen to Giorgio Moroder (E=mc2 and From here to eternity) and the Midnight Express soundtrack after a decade or more...

The end of "Contact" is like orgasming with such force that you get propelled into the stratosphere.

A friend of mine in Seattle who has been into techno/Electronica for many, many years (and he absolutely loves Homework), he and I were discussing Random Access Memories, and I said it's not Electronica, it's straight-up Disco. And he replied:

"But I like Disco. And Madonna and Stuart Price did Disco on her Confessions On A Dance Floor album and it was great. This is like Daft Punk tried to do Disco and failed. They could've blown Confessions . . . out of the water! And they didn't at all. :( "

A warehouse around the corner from mine is playing the album in full on Friday night. The poster said "tickets on the door only"... so I didn't bother checking on Facebook.

Of course, they went on sale last night and sold out as of 15 minutes ago, when a mate alerted me to it. I'm usually so on top of this shit, and now I will probably be sitting at home twiddling my goddamn thumbs.

Got a ticket to this... borrowed my dad's old motorbike helmet, gonna put some tinfoil on it, give it the Bangalter touch.

Will be interesting to see the reaction to the album... they don't start playing it till 11 and it's not very party.

photo_zpsdb4cca9f.png

:up:

Got a ticket to this... borrowed my dad's old motorbike helmet, gonna put some tinfoil on it, give it the Bangalter touch.

Will be interesting to see the reaction to the album... they don't start playing it till 11 and it's not very party.

They cut the opening track short, played about half of track two, played all of Giorgio by Moroder, played about half of track four, cut it, then went back to the opener, played Get Lucky, the opener again, Doin It Right and Contact. It was an absolute shambles.

It also closed at 130am, and the DJ finished by playing Around the World... we actually had to convince him to play One More Time, during which I stood behind a sheet on a podium behind the stage and danced, appearing as a silhouette to the crowd. Went off.

Back
Top Bottom