Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The crowd went FUCKING CRAZY when this played on the big screens at the Main stage! Add to that, the fact that Daft Punk were actually there, giving an interview at the Rolling Stone tent (not on the festival grounds and by invitation only), and the rumors of a surprise set were flying! The crowd for Phoenix was insane, with Daft-Punk-for-Phoenix's-encore on everyone's lips.

The frenzy for Daft Punk to perform at Coachella again is just otherworldly at this point. For those present for their legendary '06 set, I just don't see how D.P. can surpass the expectation at this point, but for those who have never seen them before, I'm sure their next Coachella set will blow minds.

Do you prefer Homework or Discovery, fitz?

I love them both, pretty much equally. I guess Discovery is more . . . easily digestible? . . . so I think I listen to that one more, but I do really love them both almost the same. They're both fantastic, and Homework has my favorite Daft Punk song on it: 'Phoenix'.

I figured it was, much like the supposed radio edit of "Get Lucky" I saw floating around earlier. But I still found it FUNNEH.

This might be the real deal though. Sounds legit, includes Pharrell, and the autotune bit was in one of the SNL ads I'm pretty sure.

https://soundcloud.com/canimneisterse/daft-punk-get-lucky-ft

If this is real, what do people reckon? I like it quite a bit, but it may not be the Daft Punk album we've all been waiting for.

What do you think Imps?

Pharrell says "you don't need MDMA for this music because it's so incredibly vivid".

That bodes well, because Homework and Discovery get me up and about even when I'm overtired and stone cold sober.

I love it, but it's a bit anticlimactic given we've basically heard the entire thing in various forms and teasers. But in a month chock full of disappointments, it's nice to have.

It crept up on me- it seemed simple at first, but it's definitely catchy and a lot of fun.

That new single is hot. I love it.

... ha-chee... ju... ha-chee???

i dunno... i mean...

-------

daft punk are awesome, and i came back here just to see if others shared my interest.
apparently, they do.

love. is in the air. love. is in the air. love. is in the air.

Damn, that is catchy. I'm digging the retro vibes - it almost sounds like the backing track could be from the Bee Gees.

Still absolutely loving Get Lucky, more with every listen. P4k gave it Best New Track, and said Rodgers is the star, posting a link to We Are Family, which he played on decades ago. Pretty crazy that he can turn out a similar sort of sound and win a whole new bunch of people over. Love it. I also really love the Robots' vocoder bit.

And I hope that SNL ad turns into a full video. It's so fucking cool.

Not sure Random Access Memories will be the Daft Punk album I was hoping for or expecting, full of crazy good club tunes like Around the World, Da Funk, Rollin & Scratchin, Phoenix, Revolution 909, Digital Love, etc, but if it's all half as catchy as Get Lucky it's gonna be damn sweet.

Anyone else notice how Pitchfork thought Daft Punk were fucking atrocious until a few years ago?

Not as bad as them constantly posting Andrew WK bullshit when they torched him 10 years ago. That album went from a 0.6 to an 8.6.

Check out their review of Discovery. The first two paragraphs are shitting on One More Time.

Then that song and album both landed in the top 10 of their decade list.

Back
Top Bottom