Cut Copy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm off to see Cut//Copy tonight at The Box at the Henry Fonda Theater, Los Angeles, CA.

YAY! I can't wait for 'So Haunted'!

:hyper:

:drool:

Enjoy, I'm sure they'll be awesome.

I've only seen them do a kinda half-hearted DJ set last month and it was kinda a let down, didn't really spin anything from IGC (except Hearts On Fire), a shame really...

My favorite pic I took (girl next to me bumped me as I was taking it and it came out awesome as a result):

IMG_0670.jpg

And I got one of my favorites on video. It was SO GOOOOOOOD!
YouTube - Cut Copy - "So Haunted" at The Music Box

I really wanted to go to one of the shows, but I'm majorly broke right now.

I am majorly digging both of these albums, though, and happy for that at least.

My friend had tix for both nights. I went with him to the first night and the Fire Marshall shut the show down 1 hour and 15 or 20 minutes into Cut Copy's set - totally sucked! Cut Copy were playing, kicking ass and then the house lights started to come up from back to front, then the amps turned off and then they just dropped the curtain on the band. Everyone was PISSED! They raised the curtain briefly so Dan could tell us that they would love to play more, but the Fire Marshall was shutting the show down and there was nothing they could do about it. But Dan did say he was sorry and that they had an absolutely great time playing for us.

Sure enough, they moved the next night's show to the Nokia Club - much bigger than The Music Box. Greedy Music Box oversold both nights and, as a result, I only got an hour and 15 minute show. Fuckers!

Watching some youtube clips, they seem amazing live, would love to be at a full Cut Copy gig when they play Feel The Love......the Dj set I saw last month was very underwhelming, thought they would have at least spun some sounds from IGC.

Shit, too late to edit that.

Nah, I'm in Adelaide, although I did drive halfway across to Melbourne for a mate's 21st this weekend. Think I may have listened to a bit of Cut Copy on the way.

I haven't listened to their album nearly enough, but whenever they pop up on my iPod on shuffle, I think, wow this is really cool -what is this again?

i like the tune LM put on his DI list :up:

sadly, that's just about the only one i've heard. i will fix this.

"take Me Over" is just brilliant... Definitely has a "Down Under" vibe to it from Men at Work too.

Well, no matter what, Zonoscope probably should have been called 20,000 Leagues Under In Ghost Colours. I really like it though, the influences this time out (Yeasayer, Animal Collective) lend themselves to warmer weather and fun times, plus the production is fucking dense, so I can only see this growing on me with future listens. Need You Now is sublime, and This Is All We've Got is a terrific indie rock song bathed in psychedelia. Really good.

It's nice... but after an album like In Ghost Colours it's just hard to not feel underwhelmed. Hopefully it'll be a grower though, and Need You Now is quite an opener.

Back
Top Bottom