Cut Copy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy fuck, I still haven't heard Reflektor yet either. My top 10 isn't gonna know what hit it.

Funny how under the radar this and LC! are going to fly despite both bands putting out much of my favorite music of the last however many years. Win Butler's Frankensteinian shadow is just too large.

Zonoscope fucked Cut Copy's momentum somewhat, seems like this album in general isn't stirring up as much interest as the last one. Won't matter as long as it brings the goods.

Hot fucking damn.

If James Murphy actually woke up naked on a beach in Ibiza, he probably heard something like this.

Sounds like the parts of Zonoscope I liked, for 50 minutes straight. No bullshit, just warm house beats. I love it.

They're back to being the band I enjoy :happy:

"Walking in the Sky" might be my song of the year. Oh shiiiittttt.

Now this makes me more excited than Arcade Fire. Zonoscope was uneven and overlong, but I'm hoping this will at least capture some of the spark they had on In Ghost Colours.

It's extremely coherent and I think only 48 minutes long. Pretty much the opposite of Zonoscope in many ways.

I never thought a day would come when I would have to say, "Whoa, Cut Copy, let's not overdue it on the 90s soul vocals here," but I think that might be my sole complaint.

Oh yes. I am liking this. In Memory Capsule and Walking in the Sky are instant favourites.

Funny how under the radar this and LC! are going to fly despite both bands putting out much of my favorite music of the last however many years. Win Butler's Frankensteinian shadow is just too large.

One could say Butler is stealing their thunder?

24_benmathislily_lg.jpg

Yeah, this one's a banger. I'm not as low on Zonoscope as some of you seem to be, but Free Your Mind is an improvement regardless.

Yeah, this one's a banger. I'm not as low on Zonoscope as some of you seem to be, but Free Your Mind is an improvement regardless.

It is. I still think Zonoscope was a good album, also. This one caught me totally off guard, I guess I`ve been out of the loop with their progress. As a result, it looks like I may miss seeing them a second time as their stop here is in 2 weeks and all the GAs are sold out :angry: :sigh:

Really like this. Not as exciting or dancey as In Ghost Colours, but more consistent than Zonoscope for sure (and, like iron yuppie, I'm not as down on that album as others).

We Are Explorers is great. Those seconds when the beats (electronic high hats?) come in right after the singer are really cool. I'm not a huge fan of the DJ voice that pops up from time to time, but it's a minor thing anyways. Solid album throughout.

I adored Zonoscope (even more after seeing how some of the songs translated live). Pharaohs surpassed all before it to become their best song I reckon.

Will pick up a copy when it's released physically.

Back
Top Bottom