Cut Copy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's basically the same set I saw a couple weeks ago, I think. Which was awesome. It seems short until you realize "Sun Giant" is 15 minutes long, Cobbler.

Seems short, but remember Sun God is worth about 3 songs alone. Went for the standard 1.5 hours that all Palace gigs I go to seem to last for. It was a special night

Imperor said:
It's basically the same set I saw a couple weeks ago, I think. Which was awesome. It seems short until you realize "Sun Giant" is 15 minutes long, Cobbler.

Beat me to it

I'd like to apologize to Cut Copy and all of Australia for saying "Sun Giant" by mistake, effectively confusing the band with the vastly inferior Fleet Foxes. This was an egregious error, and you have my heartfelt apologies.

We are honoured by your apology.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed that they're playing at HQ... if there's good music for once, hopefully it means there's less shit people too.

Sun God is about as long as Sun Giant, so there's that.

This may be the one and only time a comparison between Fleet Foxes and Cut Copy is made, so I'm going to roll with it: I find the beat of Unforgettable Season superior to that of Ragged Wood. Robin is no Jamie XX, I'll tell you that much.

Imperor said:
I'd like to apologize to Cut Copy and all of Australia for saying "Sun Giant" by mistake, effectively confusing the band with the vastly inferior Fleet Foxes. This was an egregious error, and you have my heartfelt apologies.

What an extraordinary apology. I recall you like Since I Left You too, so it's all cool.

Well, finally saw Cut Copy headline a home town gig after waiting a good two and a half years for such an occasion, and what a night it was.

At my favourite venue, the Palace Theatre, we managed to snare a possy on the middle level balcony so had a perfect view of the entire stage.. Perfect to immerse ourselves in the total Lights & Music show.

I'd had Corner Of The Sky in my head relentlessly that day (still do) and that didn't disappoint. The chorus and the oooh ooohs are entrenched in my head something shocking. The crowd was bouncing for Saturdays, Where I'm Going and Hearts on Fire especially. The spine tingled at the appropriate moments of Pharaohs & Pyramids (3 minute mark) and Out There On The Ice. Sun God got played in it's awesome entirety. Visions as the intro music into Nobody Lost, Nobody Found was a curious opener, but worked a treat.

Fourth wall was broken down a number of times, a very interactive gig with the boys really moving about the stage with some intensity. Few anticipated the second encore and when they bounced back on stage for one last song, all the exiting people swarmed back Into the venue to Feel The Love.

Here's the Melbourne setlist, 85% sure this is accurate, my only reservation is about the exact positioning of Hearts On Fire. Alisa and Unforgettable Season would have been welcome inclusions, but their absence didn't really detract from an exciting show:

Visions
Nobody Lost, Nobody Found
Where I'm Going
So Haunted
Corner Of The Sky
Lights & Music
Take Me Over
Saturdays
Pharaohs & Pyramids
Hearts On Fire
Sun God

Need You Now
Out There On The Ice

Feel The Love

Nice review. You bastards got an extra encore! :angry:

just got home from seeing them. the show was awesome.

1. Visions
2. Nobody Lost, Nobody Found
3. Where I'm Going
4. So Haunted
5. Corner Of The Sky
6. Lights And Music
7. Take Me Over
8. Pharaohs & Pyramids
9. Saturdays
10. Hearts On Fire
11. Sun God

12. Need You Now
13. Out There On The Ice

just like any club gig in new zealand, the band were awesome and the majority of the crowd was obnoxious. one guy right in front of us threw a bottle and was bounced before it even hit the ground. hilarity.

Glad you enjoyed, Kheen.

Here I should mention that, for a variety of reasons, I couldn't make the show last Friday. Makes me even gladder I saw them earlier this year.

It's perfect. One of the two albums of the past 5 years I would give a 10/10 to, along with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I love every song. Zonoscope was more of a 7 or 8 but it was still really good and went off live. Probably a 7 for Bright Like Neon Love too, definitely enjoyable but not up to the level of their later work. Lower peaks.

Haven't heard the new tracks yet, looking forward to it.

Haven't heard the new tracks yet, looking forward to it.

I have now.

The synths on these two tracks sound colder and more synthetic than anything on Zonoscope, which was full of sun-kissed dance music. In Ghost Colours was almost a rock record, so obviously they're in a very different place now. Let Me Show You sounds dark and grimy. I like it.

We put out a new track today. We'd like you to
have a listen.

How to listen to "Free Your Mind"

1. Journey to one of the following locations :
(denoted by the green arrow on the map)

Mexico City: 19.418546,-99.15799
Chile: -33.451665,-70.880318
Australia: -30.640834,116.008871
UK: 51.763050,-3.159950
Detroit: 42.331225,-83.066366
California Desert: 33.921089, -116.761205

2. Open cutcopy.net
Make sure your Location Services and audio are on.
(how to do this on an iPhone or Android)

3. Free Your Mind

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom