Cure tour in Australia and then North America - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #76
War Child

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld
What's whiskey tango foxtrot?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #77
Refugee

Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by greenlight7-11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet
Oh, so it's an abreviation? WTF?, I guess?
Okay.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #78
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld

Oh, so it's an abreviation? WTF?, I guess?
Okay.
Correct. WTF as in 'what the fuck'. It's just another way of saying it. If you look at the section of that Wiki article called "Usage", you'll see what I mean.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #79
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by greenlight7-11

Correct. WTF as in 'what the fuck'. It's just another way of saying it. If you look at the section of that Wiki article called "Usage", you'll see what I mean.
I read quite a bit of it and then realized I'd had so much confusion over something quite simple.

So, anyone listen to the new mp3 live recording? I still haven't yet.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #80
Refugee

I wanna hear how the shows went from all the Mexican Cure fans! I might not visit too often, but I'll read them within the week, and I'm sure other Cure fans will be delighted to read them, too. No need for setlists, from my personal standpoint; I just wanna hear if you enjoyed the show and new sound or what you thought of any new songs performed.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:37 PM
WOOT!! Just scored 2 tix to the Fairfax,VA show 5/09! They are floor tix: 2nd center section behind the stage, 2nd row! yahoooooooooooooo!

This will be the second time I have seen them.. Saw them at Coachella a few years ago.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #82
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
WOOT!! Just scored 2 tix to the Fairfax,VA show 5/09! They are floor tix: 2nd center section behind the stage, 2nd row! yahoooooooooooooo!

This will be the second time I have seen them.. Saw them at Coachella a few years ago.
Awesome! It'll be my second time, too. I first saw them during Curiosa in 2004; I also got to see Interpol that time, and the prep for that tour also got me into Mogwai.

For anyone interested, here are 2 new songs bootlegged at the California Download Festival ("Please Project") and the 2nd Mexican date ("The Boy I Never Knew"). Many thanks to those that put them online, and I hope Robert doesn't mind because it will hopefully just increase excitement for the new album. I'm holding off listening to them for a while. They're in lossless wave format.

"Please Project":
http://www. .com/file/zhcdkb

"The Boy I Never Knew":
http://www. .com/file/hguo9x

Okay, the board doesn't seem to be accepting this site. All you have to do is after "www." type in "s e n d s p a c e" (but without spaces) and it should work.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #83
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:37 AM
The North America tour finally starts this week after the change in schedule from last fall to this spring/summer. Awesomely, 65daysofstatic are still opening. I'm seeing them May 23rd, and am starting to get quite excited. Looking at their last setlist from March, they were still playing 30+ songs. Let's hope they keep that up for the North America shows.

For those of you who haven't heard, The Cure will also be releasing a new "single" on the 13th of every month to lead up to their 13th album coming out on the 13th of September, so we can expect a new song NEXT WEEK!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #84
Blue Meth Addict

Bitchfork is good for something

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

For those of you who haven't heard, The Cure will also be releasing a new "single" on the 13th of every month to lead up to their 13th album coming out on the 13th of September, so we can expect a new song NEXT WEEK!
You can stream the new single, The Only One, here!

linky

Similar to the last album, looks like they went with a poppy track as the first single. Fun song. "I love what you do to my hair, it's a mess up there" Ha.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be a sucker and buy all of the singles on iTunes and then be disappointed that I know so many of the songs when the album comes out.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #85
Blue Meth Addict

iTunes has The Only One and the b-side, NY Trip up. Listenin' now.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #86
The Fly

Local Time: 05:37 PM
The Only One is a good track

Lookin forward to the new album!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #87
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Exit thru Wire
The Only One is a good track

Lookin forward to the new album!
Agreed x2
Old 05-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #88
Blue Meth Addict

Robert posted on the official Cure site about the new single and other awesome news at the end......

Rang up my local record shop (YES I still call them that) and asked if they had the new CURE single yet, he said"when is it out??"
I had to tell him all about it...

YOU'RE FRUSTRATED?
IMAGINE HOW WE FEEL!
THE BEAUTY OF THE MIGHTY UNIVERSAL GETTING US OUT THERE AND IN THE SHOPS... YEAH!

ANYWAY
ITS AN ONGOING THING...

MAYBE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE FOUND IN A FEW MORE PLACES... ?
(the sound of not holding breath)

ITS AN ONGOING THING...

LIKE MAKING THIS WEBSITE LOOK AND FEEL LIKE THE ONLY ONE...

SOON
PLEASE
SOON!

ITS AN ONGOING THING...

CHICAGO!
RSX

PS
THE NEW ALBUM 'SINGLE OR DOUBLE?' DEBATE...

I JUST FEEL ON REFLECTION THAT MAKING THE NEW ALBUM A 'SINGLE' (WHATEVER THAT MEANS... 8 TRACKS? 13 TRACKS? 21 TRACKS?!!) WILL BE SOMEHOW 'BETTER' - MORE COHERENT - MORE IN TUNE WITH THE BAND AS IT IS...
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LABEL - THEY ARE HAPPY(?!!) TO TRUST ME WHATEVER WE DECIDE...

AND ANYWAY (BIG CLAIM ALERT!) EVERYTHING WE RECORDED DURING THE NEW ALBUM SESSIONS WILL GET RELEASED - IN THE REAL WORLD NOT JUST AS DIGITAL...

THAT DARK SECOND ALBUM FOR CHRISTMAS MAY NOT BE AS FANCIFUL AS I THINK?!!

ONWARDS...

Two Cure albums in a year?????! I may have just fainted.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #89
Blue Meth Addict

I saw them last night. The killer setlist was as follows:

Plainsong, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, Pictures of You, Lullaby, Catch, The Perfect Boy, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Other Voices, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, A Letter To Elise, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

1st encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest
2nd encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab
3rd encore: Why Can't I Be You?

3 hrs of The Cure, 35 songs played. You think I would be in heaven, but unfortunately we had some sound issues (not sure if it was where we were sitting or the entire arena). It was extremely difficult to hear the guitars on a lot of songs, and nearly the only times I could ever hear Porl's guitar was when they upped the volume for solos and such. We were sitting over on Simon's side (bass), and that's the majority of what we could hear all night. These sound issues were extremely frustrating for me, as it made the songs feel hollow as Cure have absolutely fantastic guitar. I was just glad I'd seen them before, as I knew they really do sound much better than that live.

Annoyances aside, the show was still a great deal of fun. AMAZING setlist. I was so happy to hear Plainsong open the show, and it was pretty dang cool to hear all the old keyboard parts being played on guitars now that they're a "4 piece". They ended up playing 6 of 12 songs from Disintegration, which was awesome. The highlight for me was the Seventeen Seconds encore, I flipped out when they blasted into At Night.

We got down closer at the end of the show (I don't think the fans were expecting 3 encores), and it was really cool to see them so close. I found this picture from the show online, and this was at the exact same angle we were watching them from at the end (not quite this close though of course):

Old 05-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

3 hours?!

Too bad about the sound. I always wondered about that with them--I love The Cure but I always feel a little frustrated with the sound even on the records. Amazing setlist, though. I would love to see them. For some reason I've been listening to Disintegration a lot lately.

Tags
the cure