Cure tour in Australia and then North America - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:02 AM
What's the pricing for North America?

Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Picked up my ticket today to see them on 1 Aug.

It cost $180 though.
Singapore, right? Is that a festival? If so, maybe that's why.
Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
What's the pricing for North America?
Don't know yet, but it shouldn't be too much, compared to U2. The last time I saw them they charged the minimum. Even if not, it WILL be worth it. I'd pay that much, and I'm a student -- granted with Daddy's money, but still.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
Refugee

Old 06-24-2007, 12:01 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

It won't be worth it. Trust me.
I'd love to, but considering that you and Brau are the masters of hyperbole here, but at least while Brau's stuff isn't exactly earth shattering it's still pretty damn good, I'm not going to.

And Muldfield, no, it's not a festival. It's justthe standard going rate for a concert ticket here at the stadium (at least by a Western act), although it's still a bit on the high side.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

If the pricing is decent I might go for it, I'm not a huge fan but it could push me in that direction, especially since outside of The Police I won't be seeing anything big later this year since all of my favorite big bands aren't around and all the smaller bands I've been getting into are off in Europe.

It also seems highly unlikley we'll see R.E.M. and Radiohead tour until next year, so a change of pace could tide me over.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm in. dr. bob ;drool:
Old 06-24-2007, 02:52 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:

I'd love to, but considering that you and Brau are the masters of hyperbole here, but at least while Brau's stuff isn't exactly earth shattering it's still pretty damn good, I'm not going to.
I don't understand this "sentence" at all, but I'm pretty sure that I see from where it is you're coming, and I (think that I) know what you mean. Perfectly placed hyperbole is indeed part of my general critical discourse, whether filmic, cultural, or musical. There's a time and a place--one such time/place is any time or place during or at which The Hold Steady is being discussed; another is here and now, when we're talking about the abortion--once a band--we still inexplicably call The Cure.

At any rate, I indeed saw The Cure in the summer of 2004 (I mean, they're one of my ten favorite bands of all time), and it was even more radical a drop-off than their last few tours had been, relative to those which preceded them. It was a sad, sad, sad evening, with hefty doses of overweight embarrassment, and I left it no longer able to call myself a present-day Cure fan.

Previous awful albums (Bloodflowers and Wild Mood Swings) had been supported by at least alternately inspired tours, but The Cure and Curiosa managed somehow to transform themselves into an untamed, shit-powered beast of outrageously bad, bland, and boring music. I'd never seen a performer--a frontman, no less!--yawn during a concert until that evening.

I have nothing against, say, the entire corpus which now is The Cure, but $180...? For this incarnation...?

Yeah. It won't be worth it. Trust me. I'm avoiding Fuji Rock like the plague, when it hits Japan, this summer, and I'm a smart man for doing so.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:27 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Well I don't get to see many concerts, owing to my location, so I'm willing to spend the money to get a standing place and generally have a good time hearing songs that I love and that I've never heard live before.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:32 PM
Quote:
Well I don't get to see many concerts, owing to my location, so I'm willing to spend the money to get a standing place and generally have a good time hearing songs that I love and that I've never heard live before.

I second that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and at the moment im taking all the concerts i can get to try to fill the u2 void .

ps, i paid $150 AU for my ticks.. blergh.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #25
Refugee

Prices seem to be cheap at least for North America. This just in from http://www.chainofflowers.com:

As Billboard reported yesterday, at least some of the US tickets will be going on sale June 28th. First confirmation of this comes from the Madison Square Garden website. The MSG tickets go on sale June 28th at 9am. Ticket prices are $45-$75.

Live Nation will have a pre-sale for the Mountain View, Ca. (Download Festival) show starting on July 18th at 10am and ending on July 20th at 10pm.

IN THE INTERESTS OF HARDCORE CURE FANS, IF YOU SCALP, MAY YOU DIE. ALSO, TO BELLWEATHER FANS, THERE MAY BE SOME HITS, BUT THERE'LL BE LOTS OF HARDER STUFF BECAUSE THE CURE TEND TO PLAY 3 HOURS, SO MAYBE LISTEN TO SOME MORE OBSCURE STUFF IN PREPARATION, SO YOU'RE NOT BORED. The Cure put on the kinds of concerts U2 fans wish U2 would do. They usually don't try to only play hits but emphasize their best work, single or non-single. SO BE WARNED. AGAIN, DEATH TO SCALPERS!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Got my tix Saw them the last time they played Oz (about 6 years ago?) and they did all their back catalogue, by the time they got to "Play for Today" I was thinking I was the only one in the Ent Centre who was still awake but I loved it. Looking forward to more of the same (hey it works for U2!)
Old 06-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
Got my tix Saw them the last time they played Oz (about 6 years ago?) and they did all their back catalogue, by the time they got to "Play for Today" I was thinking I was the only one in the Ent Centre who was still awake but I loved it. Looking forward to more of the same (hey it works for U2!)
I'm not a fan of the singles live, though I absolutely love them on the album, but casual fans seem to prefer the singles only feel alive during those. The difference is that in North America The Cure need them to fill out venues but U2 encourages too many who are bored by unfamiliar songs like Zoo Station or The Fly. Regarding the Cure concert, I can't wait for those longer, non-single passionate songs! If you're not going to a festival, there should be plenty of surprises. Hope you have a good time! Sorry, if I'm ignorant, but where's Oz?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Where's Oz??!!!!!! (hintette, the first part of the title of this thread )
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

is that the one where you have to take the yellow brick road?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:01 AM   #30
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774
is that the one where you have to take the yellow brick road?
I know! That's what I kept thinking...

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
Where's Oz??!!!!!! (hintette, the first part of the title of this thread )
So, Oz is a province or something in Australia or a city? (Don't wanna research it; just making conversation.)

Tags
the cure